Cordless vacuum cleaners.

I've seen many adverts of late for compact, battery driven vacuums which come with attachments for furniture, cars etc. About 180 quid. Wondered if anyone has bought one and are they any good as our current cleaner is not easy to manoever in tight spaces especially.

The Dyson ones are very good, but if you're talking about the cheaper copies??

You pay your money and take your chances IMO.

The Dyson ones are very good, but if you're talking about the cheaper copies??

You pay your money and take your chances IMO.

We've got a Dyson one..on full power it nearly pulls the carpet up off the floor.... :)

Dyson V10 is the best on the market.

We've got a Dyson one..on full power it nearly pulls the carpet up off the floor.... :)

your carpet fitter did a rubbish job then ;)

We have the V8 absolute summat-or-other and although it’s very good on Max suction, it barely lasts fifteen minutes on that setting before the battery is depleted, by which time the thing also needs the tiny bin emptying (a faff) and it needs another three/four/five hour charge again :help:

If I paid full whack £450 for it, I’d be very disappointed. As it happens, I paid much less than that, so I’m merely unimpressed.

The sales people tell me the V10 model has a longer lasting battery and a larger capacity bin . . .

your carpet fitter did a rubbish job then ;)

We have the V8 absolute summat-or-other and although it’s very good on Max suction, it barely lasts fifteen minutes on that setting before the battery is depleted, by which time the thing also needs the tiny bin emptying (a faff) and it needs another three/four/five hour charge again :help:

If I paid full whack £450 for it, I’d be very disappointed. As it happens, I paid much less than that, so I’m merely unimpressed.

The sales people tell me the V10 model has a longer lasting battery and a larger capacity bin . . .

I can do the whole house on one charge with ours...admittedly not all on full tilt but don't need that very often.. maybe you should use it abit more often? :D

I would, but I have to wait all day for it to charge :hihi:

Anyone who thinks Dyson are good needs to try Shark. They're in the same price range as the Dyson. Both myself and my wife find it much better than the previous Dyson cordless.

Key things for me that make it better:

Seems lighter

Dual speed - for just general day to day a low power mode to conserve battery.

2 power-brush heads. One for the floor & one for furniture (work great in the car too)

Interchangeable batteries. Ours came with 2 batterys and a standalone charging base.

Foldaway storing. None of this silly wall mounting nonsense. It's a hoover not a decoration.

We bought a Dyson V10 a couple of months ago, and we haven't had the old corded Shark liftaway vacuum out since.

Haven't needed to, as this sucks up a lot more.

Even on the very first trial around the house we were gobsmacked by how much fluff it sucked up.

It's hard to believe a battery operated sweeper can have the same or more suction than a mains operated machine. It's like comparing a fiat 500 to a John Cooper Works mini.

Angel1.

It's hard to believe a battery operated sweeper can have the same or more suction than a mains operated machine. It's like comparing a fiat 500 to a John Cooper Works mini.

Angel1.

Well they do :thumbsup:

Dyson have stopped developing mains operated machines all together.