New vegan craft beer house coming to Chesterfield Road

Former Italian restaurant Luna Rossa is set to be turned into a vegan artisan craft beer house.

One of the co-founders has said of the area "The area is changing very much and has done considerably in the last couple of years. I think it’s just the right time to jump on the ride and be a part of it.

“So, consider it Kelham Island but without the Kelham island prices.”

Should be good. It`s Jon from White Lion and Ed ex of Hopjacker and another chap.

Quite a few changes down that area. There is a Vegan Pi shop opening next to the large bakery at the corner of Abbeydale and Sheldon Roads, and I see yet another craft beer place has opened at the corner right by Tesco.

Quite a few changes down that area. There is a Vegan Pi shop opening next to the large bakery at the corner of Abbeydale and Sheldon Roads, and I see yet another craft beer place has opened at the corner right by Tesco.

Pie shop is already open.

BarrowBoy by Tesco is good but a tiny, tiny place.

Edited by philyyy

Pie shop is already open.

BarrowBoy by Tesco is goo but a tiny, tiny place.

Not big on craft there really. A selection of drinks and Korean snacks.

We shall have to see. I've started to see a rise in "hipster micropubs" with some outrageous prices for key keg delivered beer.

One near me was recently charging a fiver for a pint of Tiny Rebel's "Cwtch".

Vegan.. Craft Beer.. they just need to add Artisan Gin and they've ticked all the current trend boxes :hihi:

Seriously though the gin will attract the ladies who generally aren't bothered about craft beer

Vegan.. Craft Beer.. they just need to add Artisan Gin and they've ticked all the current trend boxes :hihi:

Seriously though the gin will attract the ladies who generally aren't bothered about craft beer

It's already there, on the other side of the road in the old Vint Edge antiques store - an uber trendy Gin bar.

Former Italian restaurant Luna Rossa is set to be turned into a vegan artisan craft beer house.

One of the co-founders has said of the area "The area is changing very much and has done considerably in the last couple of years. I think it’s just the right time to jump on the ride and be a part of it.

I think Kelham Island prices are really cheap - so not sure whether you are saying this is going to be expensive, or otherwise?

Anyhow, another good beer place is very welcome. Couldn't give a damn about veganism tbh - if the beer's good that's good enough for me.

I think Kelham Island prices are really cheap - so not sure whether you are saying this is going to be expensive, or otherwise?

Anyhow, another good beer place is very welcome. Couldn't give a damn about veganism tbh - if the beer's good that's good enough for me.

depends what you mean by Kelham Island prices. Prices are very reasonable in the traditional ale pubs, but less so in the trendy new places. I guess the latter are more comparable to this new venture.

It's already there, on the other side of the road in the old Vint Edge antiques store - an uber trendy Gin bar.

Gin's not my thing so I've never been in but I know some folk in the Broadfield complaining about the prices & remember this story from last year.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/new-sheffield-gin-bar-to-lower-its-prices-after-backlash-from-customers-1-8879677

But you pays your price & takes your choice.

They could have a 'vinyl music corner' too: giving people the opportunity to buy old music on an outdated and inferior format for high prices, to put on display in a corner of their front room and never play?