Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Guest makapaka
Apparently, this is what Gender Neutral marketing will look like.

https://www.hallaminternet.com/gender-neutral-advertising-marketing-for-generation-z/

Say goodbye to gender-specific pronouns and say, Hello, to "they". There's a song in there somewhere.

All very confusing.

https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/

What complete and utter rubbish that is - I've never read anything so daft.

What complete and utter rubbish that is - I've never read anything so daft.

wholeheartedly agree

i'm just going to carry on using the gender specific pronouns i was taught by my parents which were re-enforced at school they have been good enough for many years and i find them to be quite suffice for the only two genders i recognise and currently i believe are also the only two the law recognises

he she hers his.... and maybe it and it's ... if or when i'm not certain what the birth assigned gender of the person in question is... well you can't always tell can you?

if anyone has a problem with that they can submit their concerns in writing and post them to me via any appropriately coloured wheelie bin

Apparently, this is what Gender Neutral marketing will look like.

https://www.hallaminternet.com/gender-neutral-advertising-marketing-for-generation-z/

Say goodbye to gender-specific pronouns and say, Hello, to "they". There's a song in there somewhere.

All very confusing.

https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/

Probably the song you're thinking of is the Who's 'Naked eye'.

"You can cover up your guts,

But if you cover up your nuts,

You're admitting that there must be something wrong'.

Gender neutral attire seems to be a myth. What it actually means is women dressing more like men. If it was truly gender neutral then men would be wearing more feminine clothing if that is what they want to do.

On Woman’s Hour yesterday there was an interesting interview with Jill Soloway, creator of the drama series ‘Transparent’. Much of it was about the role of women in the family and society’s/personal expectations of what it is to be female/male (emphasis on the former). It was thought provoking and would be useful for discussion in schools/the home. The item was not about changing sex, more about gender and how society/we see ourselves.

They say, unless you're deliberately being rude.

On 24/10/2018 at 06:10, fill said:

wholeheartedly agree

i'm just going to carry on using the gender specific pronouns i was taught by my parents which were re-enforced at school they have been good enough for many years and i find them to be quite suffice for the only two genders i recognise and currently i believe are also the only two the law recognises

he she hers his.... and maybe it and it's ... if or when i'm not certain what the birth assigned gender of the person in question is... well you can't always tell can you?

if anyone has a problem with that they can submit their concerns in writing and post them to me via any appropriately coloured wheelie bin

It's like you actually take pride in refusing to move with the times and want to deliberately cause offence to some people...

"The title "Mx.", is widely accepted in the United Kingdom by government organisations and businesses as an alternative for non-binary people[94] while HESA allows the use of non-binary gender markers for students in higher education.[95] In 2015 early day motion EDM660 was registered with Parliament.[96] EDM660 calls for citizens to be permitted access to the X marker on passports."

21 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It's like you actually take pride in refusing to move with the times and want to deliberately cause offence to some people..

Like referring to people's religious beliefs as delusions?

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

Like referring to people's religious beliefs as delusions?

Referring to things that seem delusional as delusions...  Not rude.

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

It's like you actually take pride in refusing to move with the times and want to deliberately cause offence to some people...

"The title "Mx.", is widely accepted in the United Kingdom by government organisations and businesses as an alternative for non-binary people[94] while HESA allows the use of non-binary gender markers for students in higher education.[95] In 2015 early day motion EDM660 was registered with Parliament.[96] EDM660 calls for citizens to be permitted access to the X marker on passports."

It is ridiculous though. 

So you're going to be rude to someone and use the pronoun "he" because you think it's ridiculous that they don't always feel like a man?

15 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

So you're going to be rude to someone and use the pronoun "he" because you think it's ridiculous that they don't always feel like a man?

What does a man feel like? Do non binary people defy their own logic by defining gender stereotypes for themselves to not live up to? E.g. men often like cars, sometimes he's not bothered about cars. That kind of thing?

If I declare myself non-binary does that mean you can stop discriminating against me for being a white male?

More over, is there any point in discussing this? The mods will close the thread before long.

Edited by WiseOwl182

Define for yourself what a man feels like, and then decide whether that fits how you feel.  It doesn't seem particularly difficult or confusing to me.

You're still playing the poor white man card are you.  You sound ridiculous.