TV Soaps - What Rubbish We Are Served Up.

Eastenders , last week an out of control double decker bus careered through a busy market area full of eastenders characters , resulting in one of the main characters being trapped under said double decker . when other characters lifted , yes lifted :loopy: bus off the trapped person he was taken to hospital to be diagnosed with bumps and bruises and was next seen eating a meat pie and after all this carnage not one of the characters were seriously hurt :huh: . Im glad I got that off my chest

Eastenders , last week an out of control double decker bus careered through a busy market area full of eastenders characters , resulting in one of the main characters being trapped under said double decker . when other characters lifted , yes lifted :loopy: bus off the trapped person he was taken to hospital to be diagnosed with bumps and bruises and was next seen eating a meat pie and after all this carnage not one of the characters were seriously hurt :huh: . Im glad I got that off my chest

if your ever ill weatherfield general is the place to be. nobody has ever died there. the recovery rate is phenomenal.

ive been watching corrie since first epiode, love it..but I agree its got absolutely stupid now. but I'm addicted.

I've been watching it since late 1970s, and I've got to say the decline in the quality of writing (which was part its uniqueness) is obvious. It always managed to walk the fine line between credibility, quaintness and poignancy.

Now it is just who is bonking who; and there are so many coincidences that are stupid.

Some of it is to do with the fact that it is on 5 or 6 times a week. Some of it is poor writing, and trying to shoehorn in stories which the producers think will attract people's attention.

How these programs win awards I'll never know. I used to watch Coronation Street and Emerdale Farm in the early days but now they have dropped the farm bit and any other good bits about it. These two soaps have joined the others in competing with the violence, continuous arguing, murders, affairs etc.

Yes I know, just like real life but we are supposed to be watching these for entertainment.

Actually that was based on a bit of fact. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-32993891

I don't watch any of the soaps anymore. I used to like Corrie, until they started focusing almost entirely on the younger cast at the expense of the older characters and their quirky and often funny storylines.

Soaps were an ok distraction when they were on a couple of times a week, now some of them are on a couple of times in an evening and with this total saturation comes a loss of quality, Eastenders is possibly the worst programme ever and its box ticking agendas make it totally unrealistic and unwatchable.

The 6-9pm tv slots are full of this garbage.

I stopped watching Coronation Street and Eastenders years ago but do record Emmerdale, I think the characters are so much more pleasant, the qualiity of the acting is better and I find I enjoy one or more of the storylines and just fastforward through the others.

That sounds completely believable! Not :hihi:

I do like the bit about the meat pie though, why let the shock of being recently trapped under a double decker bus hinder you appetite.

I don't watch Eastenders, but I did think the story line was insensitive to the recent terrorist attack at the Berlin Christmas Market.

What does makes me smile though is when soap actors leave their chosen soap opera to 'make it big' only to return the following year when they have had 0 job offers. I don't mean that as nasty as it sounds and the last laugh is on the actors because I think most of them get paid around £200,000 a year and I don't. :hihi: