Ellesmere road school, did you go there?

i went to ellesmere road school in the fifties, would like to hear some news of anyone else who went there

Sure did.Left about 1948 to go to Burngreave.

I started at the infant school in 1959. I cant recall much of my time there. Then move to the juniors remember teachers Mr Schofield Mr Kettlewell. Pupils Paul Badkin Barbara Pattison Anne Salem my name Penelope Yates now Penny Furniss. Would be interested to know what names you recall. Jog my memory a bit.

Kidorry went to burngeave 47 you will be a year behind me names for you to think about Scowcroft brittain,holden holdsworth scowcrofts cane have just being reading Fred Passes book weerz me dad. weerz me mom burngreave is in both book

Hi i went to Ellesmere road school, 1955 to 1961 when i conspired to fail my 11 plus and moved on to Burngreave.

Les Johnson

Hi i went to Ellesmere road school, 1955 to 1961 when i conspired to fail my 11 plus and moved on to Burngreave.

Les Johnson

Hi,

Did you have ginger hair?

Kidorry went to burngeave 47 you will be a year behind me names for you to think about Scowcroft brittain,holden holdsworth scowcrofts cane have just being reading Fred Passes book weerz me dad. weerz me mom burngreave is in both book

Yes I remember them all but you forgot to mention the most feared person in the school,Miss Yates from the girls school.:hihi:

I was there 64-68?I remember mrs Gill, but it's hazy.

yes i went too remember all the names you mention miss duncan the head teacher i failed my 11 plus too lol then was sent to burngreave for my sins :D

Hi,

Did you have ginger hair?

Hi. No i didn't have ginger hair, that might have been Les Redfearn ?

I lived on Forncett Street over the bottom fence of the "wembley" playground

have 3 sisters, Rita, Florence (Anne) Sylvia if that helps.

Les Johnson

Edited by pitsmoor boy
typo

do you know robert powell he lived at the back of the wembley another guy is john mulhern

Robert Powell rings a bell but not John Mulhearn, niether of them lived near the "wembley" i can remember everybody that lived in that area,

Craig Sleigh, Len Green, Stuart Hacket, Ron Fox, the 2 Oxely brothers, Neville Hiley, Keith Wordsworth, John Hayes to name a few. Wonder wher they all are now ?

All i know is Len Green worked on the buses in Sheff, and Keith Wordsworth i believe was a joiner for the council but that was years ago.