Grate fever? Family history help

Hi starting my family tree for my Nannan and she said her little sister passed away of grate fever? There's no one else left to ask on who might know the medical term of this. I think it's a Sheffield term. I've found her sisters burial record but not death. Anyone have any ideas of what grate fever might be?

Scarlet Fever.. said to be caught by children playing in grates.

That's it was always told to keep away from grates. I still tell my grandkids to keep away from grates. My mum blamed every illness on grates.

The grates were thought to harbour Scarlet Fever & Rheumatic Fever microbes, but they are just grates in the gutter next to the pavement where surface water runs into.

Scarlet fever. The two terms were interchangeable when I was small. I remember seeing a reference to it in a biography of a Sheffielder some years ago. I'll try to remember who it was.

In the 1940s i had scarlet fever from playing around grates and finished up spending time in Lodge Moor hospital.Parents were not allowed any contact with their children and had to view them through a glass window,also the children were given a number which was printed in a column in the Star newspaper as to their condition so people could see if they were improving.

I also had Scarlet fever as a child but interesting quote from the Doctor was I had Yellow fever, are these the same one.

No mention of grates were mentioned as far as I remember