Google Chromecast problem

Can anyone help with this problem? I have set up Chromecast on my TV but when I try to play my downloaded programs off my ipad air2 it tries to open but then keeps saying not in your location. I can watch them on my ipad ok. Thanks for any help. Alan.

Just to clarify then, the Chromecast itself is working fine? You have successfully been able to mirror to the TV and use it for other apps eg Youtube?.

I will try and help with a bit more detail.

Thank you all for getting back to me, I have it set on my tv and I downloaded Google home to my ipad and then it said to go to my setting on the ipad to add it to my wifi connection but when I look for it in settings its not showing anywhere but when I open google home it shows there. The picture shows up on tv screen but just says ready to cast but doesnt play. I’m not good with technical stuff so I’m at a loss what to try next. Thanks again Alan.

Hi, I sometimes get that after the app has updated on Android phone - have you checked for updates to the app? ;)

Hello all who gave me the help to set up my chromecast, Sorry I haven’t replied sooner but I have just today managed to sort it out. Just like to say Thanks to you all. Alan.