The Baltic Bakery

Does anyone remember this? I should imagine it was somewhere near the Baltic Inn. Was that on Effingham Road or nearby?

Baltic bakery was on Baltic lane just past banners on attercliffe common in between the herbalist shop and the butchers ones now a sandwich shop and the others an appliance shop

Did they do good bread?

Not a clue pal only know it was there cos I lived round corner

Not a clue pal only know it was there cos I lived round corner
the baker there when worked there baker was called harold im not it was good bread hit the deck a lot fore it went in the oven but harold could swear like trouper happy days xx j

In the 1970s the Baltic Bakery also had a branch at 35 Orchard Street.

In the 1970s the Baltic Bakery also had a branch at 35 Orchard Street.
i went there staight from school in 1960 no idea if there was another branch j

The reason I started this thread was to find out where it was. Many years ago I was talking to an acquaintance down at the City and he said his mother had just bought some shares in the Baltic Bakery, his name was Albert Colley. I'd never heard of it and always imagined it was something like Fletchers or Gillotts(?). Albert was related to Brian Mooney.

Funny how things stick in ones memory.

The reason I started this thread was to find out where it was. Many years ago I was talking to an acquaintance down at the City and he said his mother had just bought some shares in the Baltic Bakery, his name was Albert Colley. I'd never heard of it and always imagined it was something like Fletchers or Gillotts(?). Albert was related to Brian Mooney.

Funny how things stick in ones memory.

I remember it as a small back street bakers that use to supply local independent shops.

http://www.europeana.eu/portal/record/09405a2/789282ED2E8A3BAEC5953EF7191A4907D6D41B43.html

Click on link below and use Keyword Explorer click on "B"and then click on "Please Select" to find a list that includes Baltic Bakery

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php

Edited by alankearn

texas

the bakery was where the force said.if my memory is correct the baltic pub was nearer to city centre than attercliffe

Baltic bakery was upside baltic lane just before the horse and jockey pub the other entrance was upside the jockey 3 sister worked there when i was a nipper called Brown

Baltic bakery was upside baltic lane just before the horse and jockey pub the other entrance was upside the jockey 3 sister worked there when i was a nipper called Brown
thats exactly where it was it was very first job when i was 15