Peaky Blinders anyone watching

Settings, wardrobe great. Rubbish acting with dodgy accents this would have suited Sean Bean (rubbish acting) :hihi:

Sean Bean always dies in whatever film he's in. He had a good run in Sharpe tho, lol.:hihi:

I enjoyed the opener to series 4 but there are still parts where I need subtitles due to the sound quality and mumbling.

This is nowhere near season 1 and 2. Unfortunately, this show is getting dumber and appealing to larger audience. Which is, basically, the same thing.

Just watched first half an hour. Think I'll be watching the rest! :D

Totally preposterous that they should get involved in a boxing scheme at the same time as the mafia is planning to kill them all. Priorities what?

That Linda lass sure liked to keep pulling that silk nighty thing out on ep3. That episode was a bit all over the place

Totally preposterous that they should get involved in a boxing scheme at the same time as the mafia is planning to kill them all. Priorities what?

If this was supposingly real life, I couldn't really imagine Al Capones lot bothering with a bunch of Brummy Clowns like these anyhow. :hihi:

Another instalment this evening then?...

I stumbled upon blinders later than most and initially I found my gripped to the whole plot, in fact sadly I demolished the first two series over the course of several days....

The third series was somewhat a slow burner initially, however eventually I managed to rekindle mt interest and pull myself back into all...

This fourth series however?...... Really?

Don't get me wrong it isn't terrible however it is hard not to feel that the writers have lost their way somewhat. As if the third series didn't become far fetched enough, suddenly it feels like a completely different programme.

Have the dragged Luca and the mafia into the plot to attract to a wider audience from across the pond?

I hope tonight will provide the twists and build up to a fantastic last couple of episodes, as the seasons before have done.

The secret of enjoying perky blinders is not to take it seriously. It is of course preposterous to think that gun battles with machine guns could take place on the streets of Birmingham in broad daylight in the 1920s, or that groups of mafiosi who stand out like a sore thumb can prowl the streets of the city without being pick up by the police.

However, the show is becoming popular in the US, so facts about Birmingham in the 1920s don't matter.

I wish they had stuck with the format of the first series, but I am still enjoying the rollicking nonsense of the current series.

The secret of enjoying perky blinders is not to take it seriously. It is of course preposterous to think that gun battles with machine guns could take place on the streets of Birmingham in broad daylight in the 1920s, or that groups of mafiosi who stand out like a sore thumb can prowl the streets of the city without being pick up by the police.

However, the show is becoming popular in the US, so facts about Birmingham in the 1920s don't matter.

I wish they had stuck with the format of the first series, but I am still enjoying the rollicking nonsense of the current series.

I know, I dont mind historical inaccuracy and unrealistic gunfights.

But, that slow motion walks with a bad copy of Charlie Bronson facial expression..

sometimes I think that Tommy and Arthur are having trouble finding the toilet

Edited by Guest

I noticed an advert on a billboard saying that the BBC are doing some 'boxsets' for christmas, probably to try and compete with some other things available these days.

I'd heard a few people say this is good, and just checked and the first series are now available. I'll give this a go based on recommendations.

(someone might have posted this, but not read it so as not to see any potential spoilers)

Series 1-4, only available for 20 days though, so better get cracking! :)

Edited by *_ash_*
added more