Fitbit type watch

Hi , I am thinking of getting one of these [not specifically fitbit] . I have a couple of queries. 1. must I have a smart phone to use one of these? my phone is dead basic. 2. can i get a read of heart rate, blood pressure from this while i am going about my daily activities?

Hi , I am thinking of getting one of these [not specifically fitbit] . I have a couple of queries. 1. must I have a smart phone to use one of these? my phone is dead basic. 2. can i get a read of heart rate, blood pressure from this while i am going about my daily activities?

Which watch are you looking at?

Which watch are you looking at?

I dont have a choice yet. i am curios aboout how they work

I would be surprised if any do blood pressure (although they might !) but they definitely do heart rate. Mine also records exercise, sleep and calories burnt (not sure how accurately but not bad as a rough guide).

I have a Fitbit and I suppose technically you don't need a smart phone to use it as it came with a bluetooth dongle that plugs into a USB port on a computer - you can install the app on the computer and sync it from there (you can only see certain things in the app, like sleep records and historical data)

None of these devices can measure blood pressure, I've no idea where this keeps coming from as none of them advertise this ability.

The fitbits certainly need a smartphone, it's possible that others can be used with just a PC, but they are most likely designed with a link to a smartphone as one of the primary ways of configuring and using.

Don't expect wrist based heart rate measurement to be worth anything whilst exercising. It's very inaccurate. Chest strap based measurement is the way to go. If you're not exercising then the wrist based is reasonably accurate.