Remember 'Yorkie' Smith?

'The Bill' seems to go on forever, characters come and go, never to be seen again unless on 'Coronation Street'. I'm not a great 'soap' fan but a good few years ago there was a character in the show called 'Yorkie' Smith, played by a Robert Hudson. I think his demise came when he went off his nut directing traffic,and for some reason he always wore gloves.

It was just after the pit riots back in Maggie's years.

Anyhow, Robert wasn't his real name, his real name was Mark, he must've adopted his dad's name. What ever became of him?

i know his sister charlotte is still going

He's still alive & well. Robert is his middle name and also his Dad's name. He had to use his middle name when he was at stage school as there was already another lad there called Mark Hudson. Not sure what Mark or Charlotte are doing at the moment though.

I asked this same question lol.http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=176413&highlight=yorkie+smith

Can anyone tell me which school he attended ?

I wondered if he was still doing the acting. I knew his Mom and Dad ways back.

I asked this same question lol.http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=176413&highlight=yorkie+smith

Can anyone tell me which school he attended ?

HIigh Storrs School, Sheffield.

Mark & Charlotte are my cousins but I haven't been in touch with either of them for years. I think they are back in Sheffield at the moment though, my Mum saw their Mum the other day. I'll find out what they're doing when I see my Mum this weekend & let you know.

I used to work with Mark when we were students at the Mulberry when Mick Lee was the landlord. Marks mum (cant remember her first name worked there too).

I think he is now with the Hull Truck Theatre company and is doing well I understand.

Mark ws recently in a play with Cherie Lunghi and is a regular with Hull Truck

Thats him, never sure why he walked away from "The Bill" but he seems to be a very respected professional now, although not as high profile as the "soap" stars.

Was he the very Thick Set lad with dark hair ?

xenia, Mark's ma's name was Sheila.