Golf course rules.

My friend has just bought a house near a golf course adjacent to a park..Are people allowed to walk through the golf course, if of course keeping to edge and not interfering with any ones playing.The trans pennine trail also runs through it..

My friend has just bought a house near a golf course adjacent to a park..Are people allowed to walk through the golf course, if of course keeping to edge and not interfering with any ones playing.The trans pennine trail also runs through it..

If there's a dedicated footpath / bridleway / designated cross country cycleway as you seem to suggest, then yes.

There is also no need to "keep to the edge" as there'll be a dedicated right of way across it - it's the same if farmers plant crops across a footpath - you don't walk around.

(Streetmap.co.uk has o/s maps for the UK - it'll show you if there's a path there)

If it is a Private owned Course rather than Municipal, then it's private property with no right of access, like your garden I would think. Interesting question.

Angel1.

If it is a Private owned Course rather than Municipal, then it's private property with no right of access, like your garden I would think. Interesting question.

Angel1.

Unless it has a footpath running across it.

(In England and Wales - the situation is slightly different in Scotland)

Angel1.

Its actually concord golf club,her garden has a gate that leads onto it as do the other gardens.she took a stroll a few days ago and a man waved her to get off ,even though she kept to the edge.She was aware not to stroll across as they were playing.

The route for the trans pennine trail go's around the outside of that golf course, not really through the middle of it.

but then is it not a public park?? or parts of it are??

I can't really figure it out.

Edited by geared

Angel1.

asking my "BEST FRIEND" you know who, tells me it is a municipal course and part of the park. of course one could always pay a visit to the club house and ask for a definitive answer.

asking my "BEST FRIEND" you know who, tells me it is a municipal course and part of the park. of course one could always pay a visit to the club house and ask for a definitive answer.

Ok who is your best friend,and what does it is a municipal court mean, sorry to appear dumb.

---------- Post added 16-08-2017 at 17:39 ----------

Ah the penny has dropped ,i know your friend,

TPT sign that also says meadowhall points across the course, have noticed it before.

So are you saying its part of the park so people have a right to walk over it.

Ok who is your best friend,and what does it is a municipal court mean, sorry to appear dumb.

---------- Post added 16-08-2017 at 17:39 ----------

Ah the penny has dropped ,i know your friend,

municipal means run by the council. can I also refer you to the second part of my post? just a suggestion!:thumbsup: