Moving back to sheffield - where not to move to

Hi guys,

im moving back to sheffield after 10 years of moving away and as you all know places change from good to bad and so on.....

Im looking to do a council exchange but not sure where is the best places to move to.

The last thimk i want to do is make the big mistake and regret the move.

Can you tell me which are the best places to move to and which areas to stay clear of please.

Thank alot for your help :-)

I live just off Blackstock Road towards the top end near the water tower, I was put of at first by reports but ive been there 18 months and had no trouble

Avoid Parsons Cross, Shiregreen, Manor, Pitsmoor, Fir Vale, Firth Park, Wicker.

Kelham Island is reckoned to be one of the most desirable places in Britain to live . New apartments all over that area .

Gleadless Valley, Gleadless Valley & Gleadless Valley.

Mosborough area , woodhouse , all of south east of sheffield.

Alot seem to be moving from Town/Central-ish area of Sheffield due to ever increasing rents/house prices, to places such as Chapeltown Thorpe Hesley High Green Ecclesfield Stocksbridge ..and many who are originally from there are moving for the same reasons to nearby areas in Barnsley or Rotherham..

Maybe Barnsley is a cheaper option ;)

Edited by WestTinsley

Kelham Island is reckoned to be one of the most desirable places in Britain to live . New apartments all over that area .

Not sure I'd want to live in that council block their.

Depends what you want I suppose? Inner city? Suburb? Semi-rural? Flat/Apartment? House?

I'd suggest renting a property for 6 months or so and getting a feel for the place again.

Avoid Parsons Cross, Shiregreen, Manor, Pitsmoor, Fir Vale, Firth Park, Wicker.

It's hard to tell where these areas start and end. So I'd just avoid North, East, and S2 in the South (unfortunately where I live).

you don't say how old you are if over 50 some good sheltered accommodation is available in Sheffield. Secured buildings with cheapish rent and if you live in one withe 30 or more flats it's £7-50 a year for your tv licence also a good deal the council have made for heating only 4 pence a therm ours is £2 a week in winter and nowt in summer.

avoid most council estates except wisewood,lodgemoor and stocksbridge.