Recommendations for Mortgage Advisors

Mr partner and i live in Barnsley and are currently looking to buy our first house together (we're both first time buyers), can anyone recommend a good independent mortgage advisor please?

Hi Lozzypop there are many options in Barnsley. Mortgage Advice Bureau one of the largest independent brokers in the country have an office in Barnsley contact number 01226720047. It is a minefield out there though, most estate agents can offer you mortgage advice some will be whole of market some won't. Independent brokers will almost always charge fees, some whole of market brokers won't charge fees but I would say you get what you pay for in most cases. With a Mortgage broker you need a good one, someone you can trust. Good luck with your first purchase and drop me a PM if you want any mortgage protection :)

We have used the same mortgage on two occasions have recommend him to friends and family. Only problem is some have decided to just get a mortgage through their bank without comparing deals. You can save a lot of money if you get the best deal. I don't have his number right now but I will PM you later.

As above, be wary of the banks. They offer headline rates to get you through the door then tell you that you can't have that rate but they have another rate available for you. I would guess 9 times out of 10 you will get a better deal from an independent advisor.

We are currently looking to remortgage and would like any recommendations for a good independent mortgage advisor in the Sheffield area??

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good independent mortgage advisor? I've found a couple of threads on here but they are quite old.

Want someone who wont just stick information into a computer and will offer genuine advice.

Thanks

Thanks do you know where she is based?

I am also looking for an Independent Mortgage Advisor for remortgage and also for buying second home.

The reason I am asking your recommendation here my friend, recently bought second home in Manchester, who got better deal (95% on his current mortgage) from a second advisor than the first advisor (80%). I surprise how two different mortgage advisors do things differently?

Some mortgage advisors only get commission from certain lenders so wont look at the whole market.

I have advised several friends, family and work colleagues. Could compare mortgages for you or try to clarify all the jargon.

I use Futures Assured for everything financial. They are based in Sheffield. Steve, the MD is from Barnsley and they will come out to you. They did a great job sorting out my pensions. I can't rate them highly enough.