Best and worse dance classes for kids

Hi there,

We are A Mind Apart Theatre Company and run dance and drama classes here at Burton Street, Hillsborough. We also run children's parties tailored to a theme of your choice.

If you would like more information on our company please visit our website at http://www.a-mind-apart.org.uk or call us on 0114 2321172.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

A Mind Apart

My son has attended the Sheffield Academy of Performing Arts during the summer holidays; He attended the summer school for one week and had a fantastic time. The younger kids did The Wizard of Oz whilst a group of very talented girls aged up to 17yrs performed Wiked. The production was a fantastic fusion of these two very popular shows and showed what hard work on the parts of the kids and the experienced and dedicated staff can produce, a entertaining showcase that was enjoyed by the audience and clearly by the participants too.

I would highly recommend S.A.P.A for performing arts for children of any age. The classes are held on a Sunday afternoon during term time, I really hope they will recreate the summer school in other school holidays too as my son loved it but cannot attend on Sunday due to other commitments.

Thanks Sheppy (Tom's mum?) for your feedback and reccommendation!

Really glad he had a good time, we will definately be putting on another summer school next year during the holidays. Hope to see you again.

Hayley xxx

hi im the main teacher and owner at Nycha Dance. we offer a range of dance classes for all ages.

please feel free to go to our website at http://www.nychadancecreations.co.uk

classes are drop in. we do shows/events and lots of family activities. as you can see from your replys there are alot of schools to choose. so feel free to come and watch one of classes, and/or join in free for your first class.

we are based in the mearsbrook, netheredge, abbeydale area. if we are too far for you i would reccomend ecco dance as i know of good dancers there. good luck hunting:D

Ecco dance school is really lovely and is very friendly.

she does ballet, tap, freestlye/street rock and roll theatre craft, drama and glee club.she does classes all week.

interesting to see that 'dancer12' thinks ecco school is lovely. is now advertising their class times on here. is she the teacher perhaps?????

hello dianharri

I have been with ecco since i was 2 and now just turned 17 and I am a trainee teacher there. I just help my teacher out by putting classes on here as she gets really busy sometime :)

Hi

I run Dance Unlimited which is Sheffield’s newest and most exciting dance academy. We offer professionally run dance classes for children aged 3+ to adults offering a wide range styles from Jazz, Street Dance, Ballet and Tap to Adult fitness classes such as DanceFit and Adult Tap.

Dance Unlimited is proud to be Sheffield’s only Angelina Ballerina Dance Academy. Based on the much loved stories, music and games of Angelina Ballerina, it provides a new approach to children’s first encounter with ballet and dance.

At Dance Unlimited we thrive on providing a nurturing and caring environment for children to learn, develop and grow not just in their dance technique but in everyday life as well. Dance Unlimited prides itself on having the perfect balance between discipline and enjoyment, with classes full of fun and laughter while still ensuring they are trained to an exceptionally high standard in all styles of dance and theatre arts.

Classes are held at Dore & Totley URC, Totley Rise Methodist Church Hall and Fulwood Scout Hut.

For more information please contact Becky:

Tel: 07570 790382

Email: [email protected]

http://www.danceunlimitedsheffield.co.uk

or find us on facebook

Edited by DUsheffield