Update on Birdwell roundabout roadworks

I still can't figure out the final layout and how it will all work...I've been on the Barnsley website and checked out the plans there...They don't make an awful lot of sense.

Not to mention the plethora of pelican lights...Just how many pedestrians are they expecting? Additionally, I notice one set of these lights are in direct sunlight in the mornings..They're not active at the moment, but when they are, you won't be able to see them for glare...

Came back from Barnsley down to Chapeltown yesterday the lay out at Hoyland is an utter nightmare you can not read the road markings to know which lane to be in because of standing traffic and the markings are to close to the roundabouts you are on them before you have chance to change lane, what was wrong with the one large roundabout these road planners seem to think lots of little roundabouts will help the flow of traffic and if they start putting traffic lights and crossings in as well its going to be worse, there is one short stretch off a roundabout coming up to turn left to Allotts Corner the camber flows to the left it's steep/ish this will be brilliant in the Winter trying to get up it.

How do I get from Hoyland traffic lights (by the garage)e to the other side of Birdwell on the back roads..does anyone know?

Eighup Huxley

I often go through Allotts Corner to Barnsley and i avoid Sheffield Road and all the roadworks by going on Tankersley Lane and then through Tankersley and Pilley ..

Turn right at the top of the hill , then 1st left and it brings you out at Birdwell Travellers Pub ..Guzzi. :thumbsup:

Edited by GUZZIOWL

How do I get from Hoyland traffic lights (by the garage)e to the other side of Birdwell on the back roads..does anyone know?

I often go through Allotts Corner to Barnsley and i avoid Sheffield Road and all the roadworks by going on Tankersley Lane and then through Tankersley and Pilley ..

Turn right at the top of the hill , then 1st left and it brings you out at Birdwell Travellers Pub :thumbsup:

That's quite a detour though ... Isn't it?

That's quite a detour though ... Isn't it?

Eighup Pete ....Usually when i go t'tarn , it's bloody chocca from t' Jet Garage reight back to Allots Corner ..

Tank / Pilley = very little traffic ,might be slightly further but it does save time ..Guzzi:thumbsup:

Eighup Pete ....Usually when i go t'tarn , it's bloody chocca from t' Jet Garage reight back to Allots Corner ..

Tank / Pilley = very little traffic ,might be slightly further but it does save time ..Guzzi:thumbsup:

I'm with you in a way...I have a deep aversion to waiting in queues of any sort...and in a traffic jam you're stuck.