Norton Retail Park - St James

Can't figure out how they are being allowed to reduce to single lane from 8.30 in a morning. Surely they should leave this until after 9? The build up to the Meadowhead roundabout just stackes up immediately is horrendous and it will surely get worse when the schools go back in a couple of weeks.

You can see them loitering at 8.25 every morning looking at their watches so that the cones can go in place at 8.30 on the dot!

Did notice on Friday morning that they started work before 8 in the central reservation without reducing to a single lane. They then just put the cones out at 8.30 and carried on working as before!

Sheffield city council highways department approved working from 8.30am due to traffic being much lighter during school term time. This allows the works to be completed much quicker reducing delays stretching over a longer period of time. Lane closures will stop during peak times from the 4th September when the kids go back to school.

Sheffield city council highways department approved working from 8.30am due to traffic being much lighter during school term time. This allows the works to be completed much quicker reducing delays stretching over a longer period of time. Lane closures will stop during peak times from the 4th September when the kids go back to school.

Cones have just gone out today. 8.15 am. Traffic already stacking onto Bochum Parkway 4 minutes later.

lets hope this great shopping centre opens on time and I am sure it will be a great success and its badly needed in our area ,although the traffic could be a problem,one question dyche lane is narrow is that a exit or entrance?

Absolutely. It's so easy to make purchases from there without having to pay extra for click and collect, as with some stores and their customer service and returns policies are excellent too but I've lost count of the times I've had to drive across town to Kilner Way, or even to Chesterfield, for purchases.

I don't really understand the obsession with Argos but you do know they have a store inside Sainsburys at Archer Road, don't you?

List of stores coming to Norton , St James Retail Park.

Vets4pets

Costa coffee

M&S simply food

Aldi

Wilko

Next

TK Maxx

Homesense

Mountain Warehouse

Card Factory

Greggs

Shoe Zone

Suspect this will be the end of woodseats shopping centre, we are now down to

five non takeaway / cafe/ restaraunt food outlets

Edited by bus man

Suspect this will be the end of woodseats shopping centre, we are now down to

five non takeaway / cafe/ restaraunt food outlets

Eh? There are lots of non-food shops on Woodseats! :confused:

now is the time to run the tram from Herdings to Jordanthorpe Meadowhead Lowedges and Bradway makes sense to me

its looking great and with 17 big stores/shops ,but will you be able to get to it via dyche lane ,or only 1 entrance thanks