The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Exports up, investment up, unemployment down to less than half of of what it is in France in percentage terms, the figures also exploded the myth that all immigrants come here to work showing that one in five of the unemployed in the U.K. are immigrants.

Plus, all the remoaners who threatened to leave after the referendum are still here moaning.

Have any... you know, facts? Or is this from your favoured Facebook pages?

---------- Post added 19-08-2017 at 17:28 ----------

Show us the figures that ALL immigrants came here to work, oh no you can't can you? Just the same as I can't show you the other figures because neither of us know the reasons, I am merely stating the FACT that one in five of the UKs unemployed are immigrants and that unemployment is down again which most people see as good news, but of course the remoaners hate to see that sort of news.

Well I've got to go and get ready now as Mrs gomgeg is taking me out tonight for a few pints to celebrate all the good news, you carry on moaning.

Does studying count as work according to your glass ball? As 1 in 5 immigrants come to the UK for study.

Have any... you know, facts? Or is this from your favoured Facebook pages?

---------- Post added 19-08-2017 at 17:28 ----------

Another remoaners who can't ....you know read, I said I saw it on BBC.

And no, I've never seen anything on Facebook, because I've never been on it.

Does studying count as work according to your glass ball? As 1 in 5 immigrants come to the UK for study.

I ain't got a glass ball, that's why I said it was reported on BBC.

Feel free to share the link so we can actually read what it said.

I ain't got a glass ball, that's why I said it was reported on BBC.

Oh good! Yes, that is alright then.

They also reported every Sheffielder would get 1 million in compensation for the tree felling. Must be true as I've just said they said it.

I don't understand why Mrs May needed to say that the UK are leaving the EU court's jurisdiction, when the honest democratic people of the UK made that decision on 23rd June 2016.

I don't understand why Mrs May needed to say that the UK are leaving the EU court's jurisdiction, when the honest democratic people of the UK made that decision on 23rd June 2016.

Clearly.....they didn't

And if some of them believe they did then they're deluded

I don't understand...

That ought not puzzle many people...

Nothing of significance to understand, she's just putting a new log on the Brexit fire.

It was in danger of petering out after the summer holidays, like this thread :)

Let's take this opportunity for a chronology recap that I saw elsewhere:

• T. May triggers art. 50, asking specifically for an agreement about the citizen rights.
  • The EU makes an offer one month later: let's agree in principle on citizen rights, NI border and settling the bills, and then talk about trade (even though the EU could wait until 2019 with trade talks, because art. 50 is only about the exit agreement).
  • The UK negotiator, David Davis, agrees to these terms
  • T. May holds a snap election and eventually loses her majority in parliament
  • The UK makes a proposal on citizen rights, that would treat EU citizens like non-EU citizens (so why did the UK ask for an agreement in the art. 50 notification in the first place?)
    - UK Holidays
  • The UK government publishes a paper on a customs union, that would get the UK and the EU kicked out of the WTO, because it is in direct breach of Art. XXIV(5) GATT
  • The UK government publishes a paper on the NI border that relies on the illegal customs union mentioned above
  • Even though there is a strict deadline, the UK negotiator says the lack of clarity over what the government plan is intentional, calling it "constructive ambiguity".
  • UK ministers admit slow progress on negotiations over withdrawal may hinder move on to crucial second phase of talks. The EU keeps quiet.
  • The UK negotiator wants to change the negotiation schedule due to the lack of progress
  • The UK publishes a paper demanding confidentiality of official documents in the negotiations
  • The UK government publishes a paper on continued export of products to the EU

So, to date, the UK has agreed to the schedule proposed by the EU, but then failed to deliver time after time. In that context, May's recent noises about the ECJ are just the usual post-holiday testiculations.

But hey, UK procrastination is not really a problem for the EU. And not a problem which they even need to consider after 29th March 2019, either.

One might almost wonder if they are deliberately pretending to be utterly useless so that they ultimately have to pull out of Brexit and Bremain instead...

But I think they are far too convincing: they're surely not that good at acting.