Picking people up from Manchester airport

Is there a pick up point at Manchester airport or do you have to park . If so does anyone have an idea re cost ? Thank you !

picked someone up last week. I used car park outside arrivals. £4 for half an hour..£6 50 for 1hour. then £9 50. for 2 hours. rip of I'm afraid.

Best thing is to park off site and wait for a call once your passengers are outside arrivals. There are a few places on Thorley lane, https://goo.gl/maps/5KPES9k3qFm or roads off it, which are popular with private hire drivers.

Thanks guys that's very useful

Best thing is to park off site and wait for a call once your passengers are outside arrivals. There are a few places on Thorley lane, https://goo.gl/maps/5KPES9k3qFm or roads off it, which are popular with private hire drivers.

that's a good plan bio. (if you know the area.). I always approach from the m56, which takes you straight into the airport. I waited at Mottram last time, but I find it hard to gauge. if I was doing regular pick ups I would use your advice.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

there is a pick up point. 5 mins parking max. no charge

I'd recommend this - quick, easy and FREE !

I'd recommend this - quick, easy and FREE !

correct dave. trouble is you"ve only got 5mins to play with. works well with bios plan.. otherwise not that easy, unless your pick up is prepared to hang about in arrivals till you arrive. personally I like to be there waiting for them.

I picked up relations after a long flight from new York.

correct dave. trouble is you"ve only got 5mins to play with. works well with bios plan.. otherwise not that easy, unless your pick up is prepared to hang about in arrivals till you arrive. personally I like to be there waiting for them.

Parking costs are pretty high though, and I think it's a one hour minimum?

kick in the teeth if you are only parked up for a matter of minutes.

I'm only familiar with Terminal 1. There's a free drop off on both ground level and on the upper level. What I do when I go to pick up somone is check the flight on FR24 then drive to the area near the Tatton Arms which is on the eastern end of Ringway Rd c 3/4 mile from the terminal. I wait for a phone call when they've made their way to the drop off point and set off to pick them up. Free!

Edited by Mossway
sp

a lot of people park up, and when they get moved on just drive and loop back round