St vincents school solly street sheffield

I loved St Vincents...hated St Pauls...dunno why....St Vincents was a lovely school...Me Dad kept the Star and Garter pub at the time and I used to jump out of bed to go to school....

St Pauls was totally different...no sense of community..and teachers i thought at the best... indifferent ...at the most...uninterested...and in the case of one or two...downright violent...I know that sounds dramatic...but stuff went on in that school that would make headlines today...Ive seen a teacher throw a blackboard rubber and hit a girl on the head...ive seen a teacher turn a desk over onto a pupil...(The same teacher by the way)...I'm sure some of the teachers at the place were brilliant...unluckily for me...I only ever met a couple of 'em...and it put me off school for life...

I must admit I didn't mind ST Paul's albeit I was only there from 1969 to 1971 and then moved on to De La Salle for the next three years. I went to Saint Oswalds as a junior although I was baptised at St Vincent's my mum and dad were married there my mum went to school there and my grandma worked there as a dinner lady for many years

i went to st vincents from 1979 till 1986. head teacher was mrs kennedy. it was a great school and can still remember most of the teachers mrs walsh, mrs harris, mrs leighy mr dowse and can remember mr and mrs finn the caretakers. I can remember going to st vincents church a few times a week especially sunday mornings and can remember brother smith and father corkery, I forgot some of the other priests. I also remember the dinnerladies mrs momfey I think is spelt right and mrs barwick, its a shame this school still isn't opened as I would have liked my 2 children to have gone there. my father and auntie also went to this school in the 40s-50s