First Time Buyer Advice

Moneysupermarket and similar services also access "all of market", you can do it in the comfort of your own room, and take your time to understand what you're looking at.

You could even create a spreadsheet to run various scenarios, different fixed rates, fee's, etc...

Moneysupermarket and similar services also access "all of market", you can do it in the comfort of your own room, and take your time to understand what you're looking at.

You could even create a spreadsheet to run various scenarios, different fixed rates, fee's, etc...

Yes but why should I bother when someone else can do it for me, for free and then help deal with estate agents (as they did) and keep things moving along for me? And there are broker only deals out there that are not on any publically accessible website.

And vice versa, there are entire banks, HSBC for example that don't work through brokers at all.

Personally I like to do at least a little research myself, so that I've got a chance of spotting someone who isn't really working in my favour. If you go in blind, you've got no chance of spotting it.

And vice versa, there are entire banks, HSBC for example that don't work through brokers at all.

Personally I like to do at least a little research myself, so that I've got a chance of spotting someone who isn't really working in my favour. If you go in blind, you've got no chance of spotting it.

HSBC do work through brokers, I have access to all of HSBC's mortgage range.

Yes totally agree you should do your own research first as if nothing else it gives you the lay of the land around interest rates and so on.