Any one from 63/71 Thorndon rd Pitsmoor?

lived on thorndon rd was knowed as wood then lived next to scotts went to bents green school and elesmere and berngreve and all st

yep thats me, lived on edgar street and lyons street. you will know the longhursts then

Hi Sharron

Think I know you I lived at 253 Thorndon Road opposite you. You had a brother called Paul, your mother was Kath Wood I lived with my family I am Barrie Butcher my sister was called pamela. Your mother sometimes used to come and have a cup of tea with my mother round in our home. I went to All Saints Sutherland Road till 1967, then on to Burngreave for one year. My Friend on Thorndon Road was Gordon winell.

Edited by grave lurker
remembed a bit more.

I am looking for an old mate who lived at 57 Thorndon Rd his name is Jack Worrall any one know him and his where abouts

Hi

I don't know a jack Worral but then I lived right down at 253 Thorndon Rd. I think he may have lived near a family I think were called Broadbent.

Hi Pitsmorian,

I lived at 69 Edgar st, Ian born in '45' had a brother Gordon,sister Barbara any joy, lived (more or less) opposit 'collies' shop, and the same side as Pepperdines.

Ciao

Hiya Ciao

I lived at 49, next to the moments. Was born in 54, got a brother ( Dennis ) born in 49, so you might remember him more than me. I do remember you Gordon though, blonde haired lad. Frightened the life out of me.

Pitsmorian

Hi Pitsmorian,

Dennis, your brother does'nt ring any bells, I knew the Brearleys,Peter ( my best mate) David, eldest brother and Alan (I think), John Cox, Stephen Sykes,(who lived in the same yard as us) Palmers, (two daughters) Rita, the eldest, and Linda Angela Lee (I've just found out that Angela lived at 49 ? they went to live at Beighton in '55' so you must have moved in after ? Phill ?Hardisty, Mac donalds, who's son, Micheal was in the Boys Brigade along with me (later on) Barbara Godson and her brother David ?they lived in the next yard just over the wall

As kids we used to run races around the block starting and finishing at Pepperdines fruit shop on the corner with the gas lamp, opposit the 'wreak'.

If you were born '53' ,don't think you would have known my brother Gordon as he'd married and left home. Hope this little memory jog stirs anything, if so give us another shout.

Ciao Ian

Edited by adnil
info

Hiya, Yes know all them names, Alan was my brothers mate. Yes your right its David Godson that I remember.

Pitsmorian

Edited by pitsmorian

Hi Pitsmorian,

Give me your surname, if you want pm me, yeah Alan was the youngest one

a bit too young to be knocking about with us 'bigguns', did you get what I said about Angela used to live at 49, so you would not have known her.

Thanks for keeping in touch

Ciao, Ian

A real long shot but I am trying to trace Margaret Broadbent who lived at 53 Thorndon road, Pitsmoor in he 60s-70's. Can anyone help, I am a distant relative. She would be about 56 now (as of 2013). Thanks.

Did Gordon Winnel go to Bents Green School as well?.