Problem with aluminium window frames

My son lives in a Grade 2 listed building with restrictions relating to the windows. He has got aluminium frames in his living room that have been painted over with gloss paint. This paint is now very cracked - possibly due to the amount of condensation in the room which is not very well-insulated due to its age. My query is - would it be possible to strip the frames with a hot-air gun and re-paint them using proper metal paint? Would it give a better finish and not crack again? I am willing to do this for him if it means a good outcome as they look awful at the moment! They are secondary double-glazed but these panels can be removed. Very grateful for any comments or suggestions!

Thank you.

Yes you could do it, but what do you mean by proper metal paint?

Aluminium windows and doors are very much back in fashion now, have you approached building control to see if you could swap out old aluminium ones with more modern ones that look the same?

I mean using paint specifically for metal eg Hammerite. I have been told that aluminium frames are no longer made/used nowadays? Thanks for suggestion - will look into it.

Whatever you do, do not use hammerite, that stuff bloody stinks for ages.

It's what you use for painting gates and stuff.

I have been told that aluminium frames are no longer made/used nowadays?

Lol really?

Probably should stop taking advice from that person then, there's hundreds of companies doing them.