Man with Van Insurance for super part time

I work full time but do get a few days a week off due the nature of my job and have just bought a Pick up truck as a 2nd car. Handy for DIY been able to throw stuff in the back and I needed an extra seat as my daily driver is a 2 seater.

So I thought hey I could maybe offer a man with van service to people I know in exchange for a bit extra cash now and then.

Stumbling block is it takes my insurance from £550 to £1500!!!!!

I don't intend to earn an extra £1000 over the whole year so it's not really worth it. But if I could get an insurer to accept that I have a full time job and only intend to do this say once or twice a month at most and only with stuff like B&Q fence panels then I could maybe get a better premium.

Anyone done the same or know any insurer that will look at stuff properly? All the ones I talk to just seem to do the standard computer tick box stuff and come out with sky high premiums which is nuts for my plans.

If I can't get it under £1000 I'll probably not bother.

compare the meerkats. business -say furniture removals NOT courier.