Pub's name at Anston

The cartwheel was at brookhouse,but it is now closed.

Correct jackanne, perhaps Cyclone is confusing Anston with Aston.

Perhaps you are, you should read the thread more carefully.

There was never a pub called the cart wheel in Anston (or Dinnington) which is what you claimed.

---------- Post added 13-08-2017 at 20:36 ----------

The "Cart Wheel" is probably the one you are thinking of in Anston.

In black and white

Perhaps you are, you should read the thread more carefully.

There was never a pub called the cart wheel in Anston (or Dinnington) which is what you claimed.

---------- Post added 13-08-2017 at 20:36 ----------

In black and white

Great food in the cartwheel during the 80's, fond memories.:)

Where in Aston did you live Cyclone? You come across as a Rosegarth type?

You're too obvious a troll, get back under your bridge.

You're too obvious a troll, get back under your bridge.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As an ex old anstonian woefuuly reading some of the replies regarding a pubs name in anston, may i respectfully throw a little light on this subject. Firstly no such pub called the cartwheel existed in anston-the cartwheel pub and restaurent was in brookhouse, now thats out of the way here is a resume' of all the public houses that existed in anston both north and south. The leeds arms (run by mr &mrs hooton 50's 60's) the loyal trooper (run by mr harry burdett 50's 60's)-both these pubs in south anston. The blacksmighs arms (run by mr joe draycott 50's &60s) the cutler was built in 1965 to replace the blacksmiths arms and joe draycott took over as landlord, the old blacksmiths was converted into flats. Lastly the wee willie, a lovely youngers pub run by ken harvey on nursery road later to unfortunately change its name to the little mester (god knows why) this became a sticky carpet sky tv jukbox establishment how awful!!. I hope this throws some light on the subject and lays some of the myths re these once cherished establishments to rest once and for all.

As someone who still lives in north anston i can assure you that the Little Mester is not a sticky carpet juke box establishment.

As someone who still lives in north anston i can assure you that the Little Mester is not a sticky carpet juke box establishment.

As the Wee Willy and later the Williams Bar it had it's license revoked several times due to complaints from people living nearby about loud music, broken glass, drinking on the street, and anti social behaviour.

When it reopened I think there was a condition about not allowing drinks out into the car parking area at all.

It has changed over the years and it now has an outside seating area and serves food in dining area all day,it also shows sky sports in bar area.

As an ex old anstonian woefuuly reading some of the replies regarding a pubs name in anston, may i respectfully throw a little light on this subject. Firstly no such pub called the cartwheel existed in anston-the cartwheel pub and restaurent was in brookhouse, now thats out of the way here is a resume' of all the public houses that existed in anston both north and south. The leeds arms (run by mr &mrs hooton 50's 60's) the loyal trooper (run by mr harry burdett 50's 60's)-both these pubs in south anston. The blacksmighs arms (run by mr joe draycott 50's &60s) the cutler was built in 1965 to replace the blacksmiths arms and joe draycott took over as landlord, the old blacksmiths was converted into flats. Lastly the wee willie, a lovely youngers pub run by ken harvey on nursery road later to unfortunately change its name to the little mester (god knows why) this became a sticky carpet sky tv jukbox establishment how awful!!. I hope this throws some light on the subject and lays some of the myths re these once cherished establishments to rest once and for all.
As an ex anstonian leant 'old' anstonian knowledge through marriage, I am reliably informed that there used to be a third establishment in South Anston, adjacent the Methodist church, across and slightly down the road from the Leeds Arms. Although it may have been long gone by the time of the 1950s-60s.

:)

As the Wee Willy and later the Williams Bar it had it's license revoked several times due to complaints from people living nearby about loud music, broken glass, drinking on the street, and anti social behaviour.

When it reopened I think there was a condition about not allowing drinks out into the car parking area at all.

Nowt wrong with the Wee Willie BITD, was my local for some of the 90s. If you wanted to talk rough...erm, manly man pubs, you should have tried the Falcon in Dino :D

As an ex anstonian leant 'old' anstonian knowledge through marriage, I am reliably informed that there used to be a third establishment in South Anston, adjacent the Methodist church, across and slightly down the road from the Leeds Arms. Although it may have been long gone by the time of the 1950s-60s.

:)

Nowt wrong with the Wee Willie BITD, was my local for some of the 90s. If you wanted to talk rough...erm, manly man pubs, you should have tried the Falcon in Dino :D

There used to be a Public House down Chapel Walk in South Anston, it is a house now. The Cellar was filled in with rubble from the old Shell Garage, when they knocked it down.

Aah, Sunday nights in the Falcon. Chuck Fowler on the johanna and the teds strutting their stuff, some of them originals. :)