Fishers /Edley Sheffield

Are there any of the Fisher Family out there relation to Esther Edley married William Edley USA 1873. Esther came to England and never went back to the States. After William died Esther lived with her Daughter Carrie and Son in Law Frank Fisher until her death in Dec 1937. Esther is buried in Abbey Lane Cemetery. Help Appreciated.

Hi it's a while since you posted so may not see this. I' m not a Fisher but was born an Edley

& am the granddaughter of William & Esther... Granddaughter of Leonard. I've visited

Esther's ( also Carrie & Frank's) grave but can find no record of William's burial in 1930. Maybe he was cremated. Any ideas ?

Jo S

Sorry I meant to say great granddaughter of William and Esther

JoS

Hello

William age 79 Died 2nd Dec 1930 buried 8th Dec 1930

Arnold age 28 died 28th Feb 1920 buried 3 march 1920 [son]

Buried General Cemetery T1 72 Purchased by Esther Edley.

Esther's Mother was Mary Jane Rollins born Canada but Irish Origins. She died

in childbirth 1865. a Son George Jnr died age 3 months both buried in MT Hope

Cemetery Rochester NY'

Have any of your Family ever mentioned Esther Sarah Pierce Mother of George

, Esther's Father. She is the mystery to it all. His Father was Daniel Warner

We have all the details to the Warner's apart from Esther Sarah Pierce.

Hope it Helpa

Hi there

Thank you for that info about William's grave..my father in law is in a care home nr General cemetery so will nip across & see if we can find it.

I've looked back at my scribblings when I did some research a few years ago & the only thing I've got about Esther Pierce is that she may have been previously called Albright..maybe a widow?Don't know where I got that info. I know nothing further back than Daniel Warner. I've got that George got remarried to his sister in law Katie Hancock,previously married to Dwight Hancock..

It's all very frustrating..I find I can do so much then it boggles my mind.

I can't think what relation we are to each other...2nd cousins? I know my dad Jack Edley was fond of his Aunty Carrie.

Yours

JoS

Hi, Esther didn't belong to the Albright's Don't know how it came about that Katie was noted as George's sister in Law but she wasn't. There are a few misleading notes 1875 George is listed as married to Hannah C which is Katie,, however Katie is listed with her Daughter Estella 1875 in Syracuse. George married Katie 1882 Manhatten, I have the marriage certificate. Also certificate for Esther and William 's marriage. Couple of nice photos of Esther @ William when they first met.

It is misleading but Kathryn is given different names , Catherine, Hannah Katie it does confuse people. We can't prove it as yet but it appears Daniel never married Esther Pierce. She was also called Sarah. A Sarah Esther Pierce died in 1838 in Belle Hospital New York, terrible place, the staff walked out late 1837 and left patients dying without food etc. in the most terrible conditions. She was buried in Potters Field this was a place for the poor and without family. George lived all his life in Monroe as he retired he went to Manhatten where both he and Kate are buried. Rochester is 40 miles away from Manhatten, the question is. Did George move there to be near his Mothers resting place. We may never know, but it would be a nice thought. My cousin and I go way back with the research. A few years ago I went to thee cemetery but they had moved lots of the headstones and it was well overgrown in parts. Do hope you find it.

Hi

You're right the General cemetery is in a right old mess,could only get a vague idea where William's /Arnold's grave would be -they may not even have had a headstone.

If I private message you my e mail address would you be able to send me the photos of William & Esther? I would be very grateful.. I remember seeing some as a child when visiting my gt uncle Bernard (the youngest sibling). My daughter found a portrait of a William Edley online but the birth date differs by 2 years so not sure if it's the right one,though he does have a look of my grandad. I don't have a copy of the actual marriage cert either just details of where/when. I realised when looking at details of the Mt Hope cemetery you mentioned that Esther's mum must only have been 14 when she had Esther,similarly it surprised me that William must have been only about 12/14 when he fought in the Civil war.Apparently there were children as young as 10 and women dressing as men to get in the army .

Thank you.

JoS

Hi, Mary Jane Rollins was born 1834, Sorry I don't recollect giving her age. She was 21 when she married George in 1855. My printer is out of action at the moment. maybe have to replace it but will send copies as soon as. There is a photo of William on line but you may notice lots of dates are incorrect. I think a lot of people play guessing games instead of researching it properly. It's not easy but patience pays off

You can send your email privately.

Thank you in advance -I private messaged you a few weeks ago with my e mail address so hope you received it?

That entry in the Mount Hope cemetery re Mary Jane Rollins/Warner must be wrong as it stated she was 24 when she died in 1865 when in fact she must have been 31 & therefore 21 when she had Esther not 14. Misleading.

Jo S

Hello there I am the great great granddaughter of Ester Edley and William Edley and I have full family trees for the family dating back to the 1600’s please let me know if you want any information 

Regards Elizabeth Coupe 

On 07/03/2021 at 18:02, Elizabeth coupe said:

Hello there I am the great great granddaughter of Ester Edley and William Edley and I have full family trees for the family dating back to the 1600’s please let me know if you want any information 

Regards Elizabeth Coupe 

Hi I-am also great great granddaughter of Esther and William

would appreciate any information about them ,have been researching them for a number of years

Regards Jean Parker

1 minute ago, Luffgal said:

Hi I-am also great great granddaughter of Esther and William

would appreciate any information about them ,have been researching them for a number of years

Regards Jean Parker

On 07/03/2021 at 18:02, Elizabeth coupe said:

Regards Elizabeth Coupe 

Hi Elizabeth 

I am the great great granddaughter of Esther and William, any information you have would be wonderful please.  I've tried to find more information for a while and haven't managed to go further than Daniel Warner.  Thank you.  Debi