Should Owls sell Jordan Rhodes?

Jordan Rhodes as been a expensive signing for The Owls,but the style of play The Owls play does not seem to create enough chances for him,Leeds have just sold Chris Woods and need a new striker and rumours there after Jordan Rhodes,plus Wolves are as well,should we get our money back for Rhodes and buy a new midfield player or winger?

Close one to call.

Jordan's had a bad time at Hillsborough since he arrived, but is it him? or is it us?

He's the best goalscorer in the League, his figures tell us that, so there's no reason he can't continue to bang 'em in.

I'm not a coach, so I can't tell what the problem(s) are.

If Rhodes (and his dad) want him to go, then yes, sell him and get our money back.

If however, the staff are confident that he will recover his form, we'd be daft to part with him (ESPECIALLY to L***s)

If it were down to me now, as of August 2017, I'd sell him tomorrow.

It's a risk, but one I'd take.

Rhodes stays, get rid if the dross and panels notes first.

The Owls are keen to sell for the right price but Wolves aren't convinced about spending an eight-figure sum on a player Wednesday bought for £10m at the start of the summer.

That deal was pre-arranged when Wednesday loaned Rhodes from Middlesbrough in January but he hasn't impressed for the Yorkshire club, scoring just three goals in 24 appearances.

Wednesday also have Fernando Forestieri and ex-Wolves strikers Stephen Fletcher and Sam Winnall on their books and it's thought they would be willing to sell him if they can recoup their £10m

Placed this in another thread this was in a paper couple of days ago

I pretty much agree with Hotmale, we bought him as a gamble hoping his goals would shoot us to promotion, it obviously didn't pay off, we've enough strikers to be able to off load one or two and we know the money recuperated would be spent to strengthen elsewhere.

Sell for me.

It was a VERY expensive gamble on our part,personally I think hel come good,he just needs a run of games and to regain his confidence.

The right money I will personally drive him there , He's Dross :loopy:

I pretty much agree with Hotmale, we bought him as a gamble hoping his goals would shoot us to promotion, it obviously didn't pay off, we've enough strikers to be able to off load one or two and we know the money recuperated would be spent to strengthen elsewhere.

Sell for me.

If the Owls sold Rhodes for X million, how at we to know that they (Carlos) would spend on player(s) in positions adequately covered rather than the one's that aren't ? Also the Owls made mistakes years ago in selling center-forwards that didn't seem to be making it :, Alan Worboys to Bristol Rovers and John Hickton to Middlesbrough who both made names for themselves after leaving and selling John Ritchie back to Stoke City was another blunder.

Edited by stpetre
add

If the Owls sold Rhodes for X million, how at we to know that they (Carlos) would spend on player(s) in positions adequately covered rather than the one's that aren't ? Also the Owls made mistakes years ago in selling center-forwards that didn't seem to be making it :, Alan Worboys to Bristol Rovers and John Hickton to Middlebrough who both made names for themselves after leaving and selling John Ritchie back to Stoke City was another blunder.

The chairman and manager have got more right than wrong so far so whilst not perfect you'd trust their judgement and the money WOULD be used to strengthen the squad.

Edited by top4718

The chairman and manager have got more wrong than right so far so whilst not perfect you'd trust their judgement and the money WOULD be used to strengthen the squad.

You're right Mr T. Not sure how much the Chairman knows about (British) football. I think his acumen is the business/financial side and The Owls -according to them- seemed to have an adequate squad to start the season, then along came George Boyd, remember him ?

You're right Mr T. Not sure how much the Chairman knows about (British) football. I think his acumen is the business/financial side and The Owls -according to them- seemed to have an adequate squad to start the season, then along came George Boyd, remember him ?

Boyd played the full game yesterday, whats your point?