Costa Coffee bought by Coca Cola

British coffee chain Costa sold to Coca Cola! "Won't be going there anymore"

Why? How many of the items you think are "British" are actually owned by a British company? Also I don't think they give a flying... whether you buy from them or not.

Costa isn't a traditional British name. Brexit doesn't seem to have put off Coca Cola from investing in the UK. I still haven't been to a Costa coffee shop yet.

Why? How many of the items you think are "British" are actually owned by a British company? Also I don't think they give a flying... whether you buy from them or not.

Exactly.

Its like the current LYING adverts by Vauxhall. Claiming to be a "great British brand" and a "true brit"

Formerly German (Opel) then owned by GM (American) and now owned by PSA (French, owns Peugeot/Citroën)

I can only make an educated guess that CC are branching out due to the sales nose-dive that's been caused by the "sugar tax"

Doesn't nearly everything you can buy belong to one of about 6 mega Corporations?

Costa isn't a traditional British name. Brexit doesn't seem to have put off Coca Cola from investing in the UK. I still haven't been to a Costa coffee shop yet.

Costa isn't a traditional British name?

What a bizarre thing to say. Do you only use businesses with traditional British names, whatever that might be?

Costa isn't a traditional British name?

What a bizarre thing to say. Do you only use businesses with traditional British names, whatever that might be?

Did you not read the original poster's comment which I was replying to?

Exactly.

Its like the current LYING adverts by Vauxhall. Claiming to be a "great British brand" and a "true brit"

Formerly German (Opel) then owned by GM (American) and now owned by PSA (French, owns Peugeot/Citroën)

I can only make an educated guess that CC are branching out due to the sales nose-dive that's been caused by the "sugar tax"

Up until about 1925 it was a completely British brand...

*sigh*

The fact it still employs thousands and they actually pay their taxes unlike Starbucks should be applauded.

You have your priorities all wrong.

Up until about 1925 it was a completely British brand...

And up until 1995 Costa coffee was owned by a completely Italian family.

---------- Post added 31-08-2018 at 15:22 ----------

*sigh*

The fact it still employs thousands and they actually pay their taxes unlike Starbucks should be applauded.

You have your priorities all wrong.

Good point and also the jobs will stay in the UK unlike what happened to Terry's chocolate when production was moved abroad.

Think the name 'Costa' is meant to evoke a Mediterranean image when in fact it was owned by Whiteread's, the old UK brewers.

"Hello Mega-Corporation lovers."