Home > Sheffield > Sheffield History & Expats

Reply To Topic

22-09-2008, 13:49   #741
nortonlees

Total Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman1960 View Post
I have an album called "Lemonade and Cyanide"
I'm on that - a track called "Did I" - the recording which finally convinced me I could *not* sing

BTW, there's a myspace page for my old band - myspace.com/digvisdrill - some audio. I'm trying to track down master tapes so we can put together a "best of" CD.
23-09-2008, 11:29   #742
pete_fcs

Total Posts: 1,280
Send a message via Yahoo to pete_fcs
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonlees View Post

BTW, there's a myspace page for my old band - myspace.com/digvisdrill - some audio. I'm trying to track down master tapes so we can put together a "best of" CD.
i spoke to ogi last week, he says there are some dig vis drill videos online too, some featuring the legendary squidman, which are especially worth seeing for those who remember and miss squid.
_______
limited editions of pete's original sheffield books and prints exclusively available from rare and racy, devonshire street.
24-09-2008, 01:02   #743
macmellus

Total Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_fcs View Post
i spoke to ogi last week, he says there are some dig vis drill videos online too, some featuring the legendary squidman, which are especially worth seeing for those who remember and miss squid.
i've searched but can't find these. could you point me in the right direction?
22-01-2009, 10:04   #744
MrMetal

Total Posts: 1
Hi all.
Please help me .
Im looking for an member of the Bedlam Choir.
Jason Wilkinson.
Anyone got his adress or mail?
plz send it to my mail.

ricken006@msn.com

Thanks
MrMetal
10-04-2009, 19:20   #745
LazerBil

Total Posts: 10
Some of the names mentioned here brought back some memories!!

I've been blogging half the old bands from Sheffield over where I'm now living. Only wish I'd still got demos and stuff bands handed me.

Did anyone go to The Hallamshire when Graham The Hat and me put bands on upstairs, circa mid-90s? Trying to bulild up a list for guys over this way. We had a few who came just before they broke elsewhere, like Earthtone 9, plus a whole bunch of locals like Bendy Future, Bleeding Principle, Just Another Victim....... Anyone remember them playing 'Mustard'? A few seconds of madness!

Another thing...... Who remembers Improvision, Sundays @ Top Rank, 70s? Any memories, recollections of bands, photos if possible. A few of us are trying to get something togther recalling that great series of nights. Here's one to start you off. Hinckley's Heroes: loose foramtion of various players, including Poli Palmer, Boz Burrell, formed by Tim Hinckley. Remember Joe Cocker getting up to sing 'Georgia' then falling over as he left the stage. Pi**ed as a..... Typical Joe from those days. Magical night though.

Also.... Who remembers Jan Kaminski, the guy who always took photos at City Hall gigs? Does anyone know what happened to him? What happened to his photos?
19-04-2009, 21:44   #746
Davy Bones

Total Posts: 3
Hi there. We are a new band called BONES PARKRIDER made up of members from Cosa Nostra (Boll - drum demolisher) Durango 95 (David - Guitar) Whitewash (Thom - Vocals) and Steve Hulme (Bass) from many bands Darkhorse/ Confusion Rains etc but also famous for his incarceration at Darnall Music Factory.

Anyway we have decided that we need to make a lot of noise again and are supporting Spear Of Destiny at the Top Rank.... sorry, Academy on 30th of this month.
We are on at 8pm if anyone should wish to venture out.

we are on my space.com/bonesparkrider

Hope some of you 86-96 veterans can make it.

David
20-04-2009, 01:06   #747
macmellus

Total Posts: 366
You old Bastrads!
20-04-2009, 21:39   #748
Davy Bones

Total Posts: 3
I'm afraid you are right on both counts
23-04-2009, 13:18   #749
LazerBil

Total Posts: 10
I'm a young *******, *******! Since when was 58 years and 10 months classed as OLD? Ooops! Sorry for swearing!
Old is a state of mind-control invented by mere young pups. Mind you, most my age don't like DnB, Techno, or very Hard'n'Heavy styles of Metal, let alone DJ on Technic 1210s, Pioneer CDJs or software like Traktor Pro. I never stopped going to Raves, matey!
BTW, I've been known to make some crazy twisted dark-euphoric tunes.
26-04-2009, 18:56   #750
Bayern Blade

Total Posts: 262
I just got your book Tony, cheers. I'm well impressed after a look through it, you've done a great job.
It's already brought back many memories and a mix a sadness that those days are gone and joy at the memory of them.
I'll e-mail you when I've read the rest ( I've read half of it yesterday in the garden and all day today at work, quiet day),

cheers and thanks again,

Mark....
_______
MÜNCHEN BLEIBT ROT
19-05-2009, 08:23   #751
johndgt4

Total Posts: 2
Hi,

I'm John and was the bass player in Bleeding Principle. Been thinking recently Sheffield could do with bit of a revival so Ben/Dave/Steve if you see this and fancy bit of a reformation for a bit of fun let me know. Good to catch up too!

John D
19-05-2009, 08:24   #752
johndgt4

Total Posts: 2
.....best add...bass player for a while!!
12-08-2009, 12:51   #753
Maggs

Total Posts: 6
Hi - I have lots of photos of Blind Mole Rat (and Pig64). I was friends with Lisa Bayliss, the drummer. If you are interested, I'll post the link here.

Happy to connect with Dan or others if they would like copies, electronic of otherwise.

Maggs (mas@maspink.demon.co.uk)
12-08-2009, 13:23   #754
Maggs

...and I have just bought a negative scanner so I can get all the old stuff online. I know I have some Flexible Penguins pics in there and probably lots of others. Watch this space.
12-08-2009, 13:26   #755
Maggs

...and I have some old gig reviews I did for Sheffield City Press.
There is definitely a really really embarrassing one of Digvisdrill.... I'll scan em in too.
12-08-2009, 13:31   #756
Maggs

and... I have some old recordings of Flexible Penguins plus other local bands including Midnight Choir, Don Valley and the Rotherhides etc. from the 'Sheffield Calling' album.

Plus if I can find a way to copy from cassette tape (!!!) I have some old demo tapes of Pig 64, Hands Up For Batman and others too...
12-08-2009, 13:31   #757
Maggs

Right, now I have posted 5 mails I should be able to post the links to my pics. Let's see...
12-08-2009, 13:32   #758
Maggs

Photos of Blind Mole Rat, Pig 64 and Lay of the Land for starters...

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...field%20Bands/
01-09-2009, 18:14   #759
analogkid

Total Posts: 107
Saw Dog Soldier guitarist Wanga in town yesterday as I stopped at the traffic lights down from University roundabout. From the puzzled expression he gave as I waved to him, I got the distinct impression he didn't recognise me.

Ah well......I suppose its been a while since we last played together
_______
'Lay down your souls to the Gods rock n roll'
03-09-2009, 01:24   #760
pete_fcs

Total Posts: 1,280
Send a message via Yahoo to pete_fcs
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
Saw Dog Soldier guitarist Wanga in town yesterday as I stopped at the traffic lights down from University roundabout. From the puzzled expression he gave as I waved to him, I got the distinct impression he didn't recognise me.

Ah well......I suppose its been a while since we last played together

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...peterjones.jpg

.....i have a picture of the guitarist knocking about somewhere too!

pete
_______
limited editions of pete's original sheffield books and prints exclusively available from rare and racy, devonshire street.
Reply To Topic