Sheffield Forum
Your message here

R.I.P D J Fontana

Home > General > Entertainment Chat

Reply To Topic

14-06-2018, 12:42   #1
elvis1935

Total Posts: 397
Dominic Joseph Fontana, known as DJ, was born in 1931 in Shreveport, Louisiana. He began playing the drums for Elvis in 1954 and worked with The King until 1968.Fontana featured on the recording of a host of Presley's biggest hits including Heartbreak Hotel, Hound Dog, Don't Be Cruel and Jailhouse Rock. The Louisiana native also featured on Elvis' iconic appearances on the Ed Sullivan show. Fontana joined a band consisting of Scotty Moore on lead guitar, Bill Black on bass and Elvis Presley on rhythm guitar and vocals, originally calling themselves The Blue Moon Boys. The band was formed by record producer Sam Phillips and would go on to record many of The Kingís top tunes. Although the band officially broke up in 1958 Fontana and Elvis continued working together throughout the 1960s.
14-06-2018, 12:48   #2
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 58,690
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/652679...s-son-reveals/

R.I.P DJ
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
14-06-2018, 16:10   #3
Ontarian1981

Total Posts: 1,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis1935 View Post
Dominic Joseph Fontana, known as DJ, was born in 1931 in Shreveport, Louisiana. He began playing the drums for Elvis in 1954 and worked with The King until 1968.Fontana featured on the recording of a host of Presley's biggest hits including Heartbreak Hotel, Hound Dog, Don't Be Cruel and Jailhouse Rock. The Louisiana native also featured on Elvis' iconic appearances on the Ed Sullivan show. Fontana joined a band consisting of Scotty Moore on lead guitar, Bill Black on bass and Elvis Presley on rhythm guitar and vocals, originally calling themselves The Blue Moon Boys. The band was formed by record producer Sam Phillips and would go on to record many of The Kingís top tunes. Although the band officially broke up in 1958 Fontana and Elvis continued working together throughout the 1960s.
Last of the 4 guys who started this little thing called Rock'n'Roll. Rest in Peace DJ, now that little band is all together again.
14-06-2018, 19:56   #4
hauxwell

Total Posts: 815
Iím a big fan of Elvis Presley but it wasnít until after his death when I realised how talented he was. I didnít know who DJ was until I clicked on to Melís link, the face is familiar, Iíve seen him on YouTube when I have listened to Elvis Presleyís music.
As Ontarion 1981 says the band and the King are reunited.
R.I.P
Reply To Topic