Coconut Oil Wonders!

Hello I just thought id share what I recently bought a jar of Coconut Oil 'Vita Coco' from which I read online seemed to be the one everyon swears by and I can say just put some on and my skin has never felt so good I have suffered from dry skin a few months ago it is about normal now I used Astral which is great but I had been reading about this coconut oil and thought Id give it a try..

Anyone else use it on here for your skin / hair ?

Yup, I've been using it for awhile now and I LOVE it! I switch around from sweet almond oil to this stuff to the coconut oil they sell at Trader Joe's. I'm aware this store is only in the US, but Amazon sells some products for the UK.

The fractionated stuff is just the oil that's had the long chain fatty acids removed, making it very stable. It keeps forever and stays liquid. I guess that's why massage therapists like it, but it's fantastic stuff and a lot less expensive that some creams or lotions. The only downside to the fractionated stuff is it doesn't have the coconut smell, which I really like.

Oh I think its amazing leaves your skin feeling really hydrated with no oily finish it just soakes in and doesn't sit on the top like pretty much every other ive tried it was £9 in Sainsburys but well and truly worth it also its a big 500 jar it will last a long time because a small pea sized lump goes a long way ..

I know there are cheaper ones and Im sure they are good too I just read all good reviews for this vita coco and went with it

Edited by Snooker147

If you buy the Virgin Coconut Oil and suffer with constipation it’s an ideal laxative.

I buy coconut oil from Aldi’s to spread on my toast.  

On 12/07/2019 at 13:57, hauxwell said:

I buy coconut oil from Aldi’s to spread on my toast.  

This  will be as good as the expensive kind , as long as it’s Virgin coconut oil. I’m a big admirer of Aldi’s goods.!

56 minutes ago, pattricia said:

This  will be as good as the expensive kind , as long as it’s Virgin coconut oil. I’m a big admirer of Aldi’s goods.!

Just looked at the jar and it’s says extra virgin.  

I know many people who use coconut oil, a good natural alternative to shampoos and synthesised products. It won't make your hair grow back like people claim but gives hair a nice shine. As a side note its really good for a cooking alternative to olive oil which in times gone by would also be applied to the skin with potential benefits.