TPT Rother Valley to Staveley

Yesterday, hubby, our dog and I joined this trail from just by Rother Valley

(We'd parked at the very top of Rother Valley Way) and turned right towards Killamarsh. We opted to cross over to the other track which is very underused and a lot of the ballast is still down in parts making us glad we'd got good walking shoes on.

We walked until just past Killamarsh where we had to come down the bank (There was a path) as an unsafe bridge was fenced off. We just wondered if there was anyway of rejoining this route and if so how far you can actually walk along it.

I can't be certain but I think you may find that you didn't actually walk the TPT when you joined the other track.

The area where you walked down the bank is the second old railway line in the village

and is almost impassable after the point you got too,and even knowing the way is impassable after about another mile.(It also has several notices on it about access grants from the Railway i assume)

However should you have followed the canal feature(as i don't know which way you were headed) probably a left turn as you came down the bank you would have picked up the sign to join with the TPT,about 400 yards away.

The TPT first stop is Renishaw and The Sitwell Arms for coffee,then a further 4 miles to Poolsbrook Country Park at Staveley then a further 3.5 miles approx. to Chesterfield.

Thanks.

When we had to leave the other trail we climbed down the bank then under what was left of the bridge, past a field of two horses and came out by a fishery I think it was. There was a signpost saying about the canal towpath so we followed that and then ended up on the trail proper. Most people would have just turned right and walked back to where we started from but us being us we followed a footpath, came out at the bottom of the estate just on from Morrisons and walked back on the road! It was all good fun!