Supertram staff to strike..

Walking through Hillsborough after work tonight, the strike looks like it has had zero impact on Tramlines, the whole borough was bustling and looked great, if people want to get to such a great event, they will get there by hook or by crook, Sheffield doesn't run by trams alone...

Just passed depot and the picket line was non existent, wonder if they are having a sunday morning lie in.

At a guess, probably to Park Sq roundabout, up towards the Manor, turn left to head to Attercliffe past the tram depot, through Attercliffe past the EIS and then onto Meadowhall. Hardly a "funny route" given its near most of the stops.

EXCELLENT theory, sadly well from the truth :(

Never went on that route at all, in either direction

Walking through Hillsborough after work tonight, the strike looks like it has had zero impact on Tramlines, the whole borough was bustling and looked great, if people want to get to such a great event, they will get there by hook or by crook, Sheffield doesn't run by trams alone...

Taxis probably workout cheaper than the trams for 3+ people traveling together.

The event has been really good and the events team and security have run it to a high standard.

Just passed depot and the picket line was non existent, wonder if they are having a sunday morning lie in.

Nah, they’re all attending Tramlines :hihi:

Nah, they’re all attending Tramlines :hihi:

You could be right :D

More strikes planned...

The strike days are 18,20,22,28 and 30 August, as well as on 1 September. There will also be a 48 hour strike on 24 August. All strikes will start at 01.00.

http://www.unitetheunion.org/news/unite-calls-for-talks-as-more-strikes-loom-in-sheffield-tram-drivers-pay-dispute/

They are getting on my nerves now. Oh well, got the lottery of the replacement buses driven by the clueless like last time I suppose. Must remember to check out my life insurance cover after the near misses I experienced the other Friday. I wondered if the bus I was on was being driven by Carl Fogarty. The driver certainly didn’t seem to appreciate how big the bus was.

Anyway, Stagecoach, get it sorted please.

They are getting on my nerves now. Oh well, got the lottery of the replacement buses driven by the clueless like last time I suppose. Must remember to check out my life insurance cover after the near misses I experienced the other Friday. I wondered if the bus I was on was being driven by Carl Fogarty. The driver certainly didn’t seem to appreciate how big the bus was.

Anyway, Stagecoach, get it sorted please.

Have you seen the new mission impossible?

I really hope this doesn't work, simply because if they striking staff win our fares will go up again. Do they really think stagecoach will absorb the cost?

Tram is too expensive as it is, and the on board staff aren't exactly brilliant or even friendly for the most part. Don't like it? GET ANOTHER JOB THAT PAYS YOU MORE!

Latest from Supertram:

Supertram and Unite agree new pay deal to be voted on by drivers and conductors as strike action suspended.

•Average driver salaries to increase by around £1,700 under new 3-year deal

•Positive talks to see union recommend acceptance of offer during ballot next week

Stagecoach Supertram and Unite the union have confirmed today (3rd August) that a new pay deal has been agreed that will now be voted on by drivers and conductors.

Planned strike action by Unite the union during August and September has now been suspended following the latest offer. The union is recommending the offer be accepted by employees and a ballot is due to take place next week.

Under the proposed 3 -year deal, drivers and conductors will see a 30 pence per hour rise in their salary in year one, a further 29 pence per hour rise in year 2 and a 2.5% rise in year 3. There is also a reduction in contracted weekly hours and an enhanced overtime rate built into the deal.

This means the annual salary for a tram driver will rise by over £1700 over the three year period. Conductor salaries will rise by £1600 over the same period and Tram Train drivers will see their annual salary rise by £1700 over the next three years.

Supertram made the offer - which is higher than the current average pay settlement in the UK economy - during talks with Unite the union in Sheffield yesterday.

Supertram Managing Director Tim Bilby said: "We made positive progress during yesterday's talks and we are pleased to now have an offer that the union is willing to recommend for acceptance. All planned strike action has been suspended and our tram services continue to run as normal. We look forward to the outcome of the ballot and to what we hope will be a resolution which allows us to get back to our main focus which is running high quality tram services for the people of Sheffield.'

Unite regional coordinating officer Steve Clark said: “We had constructive talks with the company yesterday under the auspices of Acas. We reached an agreement on a three year pay deal which we are recommending our members accept. As a result, the planned strike action has been suspended."

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2018/july/st-strike-action?hootPostID=a9dc63b0712d6a93f5b062e22b8b463d

I just heard (briefly) in Look L**ds that strike action has been called off for the time being.

I suspect Stagecoach made an improved offer after the chaos caused by the scab drivers :hihi: