To the racist moron on Derek Dooley Way..

He is an idiot.

Is he a racist idiot?

I'm saying that believing everyone who voted for Brexit is stupid or racist is a problem as well as those who are racist.

I still don't see how you can equate the two?

Someone may have an opinion however misguided, about why someone else may or may not have voted Leave in the referendum, but at the end of the day it is only an opinion.

Racially abusing someone in public is completely unacceptable and there is NEVER an excuse for it.

I still don't see how you can equate the two?

Someone may have an opinion however misguided, about why someone else may or may not have voted Leave in the referendum, but at the end of the day it is only an opinion.

Racially abusing someone in public is completely unacceptable and there is NEVER an excuse for it.

I don't think anyone is saying it isn't. The debate was about whether Brexit is responsible is responsible for racism- I don't think it is.

Go back to the 80s when black people were beaten up in the streets and racism was far more rife. On the whole, society is less racist than it has ever been I think. People forget the past very quickly.

I don't think anyone is saying it isn't. The debate was about whether Brexit is responsible is responsible for racism- I don't think it is.

Of course it isn't and don't think anyone is saying that it is.

What people are saying though is that those people in our society who have by and large kept their racism to themselves and others like them, have taken the debate around immigration and the vote to leave the EU as some kind of endorsement of those views and a license to be more open about it.

It is beyond doubt that the number of race hate incidents have increased markedly since June 2016, and if there is a better explanation for it than 'the Brexit factor', I'd like to hear it.

But there are certain elements of the Remain camp that do believe everyone who voted Brexit is either racist or stupid. This fuels the problem as much as those idiots who think it is OK to express their racist views.

Racist or stupid and in some cases racist and stupid, but always stupid. :thumbsup:

My mother-in-law is probably the most racist person I've ever come across.

Had she been involved, she would've followed up with a rant about the bloke's wife - also brought "over here" - and their umpteen children, all living on State handouts without having put a penny in the system.

They'd all be dirty - they're not like us, their personal hygiene is not up to British standards - and expect everything to be given to them, instantly and for no contribution.

Suffice to say, they all queue jump - not just the housing list, but in her local Co-op and post office. They don't know any better, see...well, they do really, but they pretend they don't.

Oh....and we're fools for letting "them" all in, and letting them get away with it.

"Them" is not only aimed at black people : any foreigner is fair game for criticism.

When it's pointed out that the likes of the NHS would probably collapse without "them", this is wrong. There would be fewer people overall, and therefore less demand on the medical services.

"Hate crime"? Ridiculous state of affairs. A person can't be expected to like everyone they ever meet. Yet another example of how Britain has bent over backwards to appease "them".

It's normally followed by a sigh and "Whatever happened to my nice old England...."

It's all gets very wearing....

It's important to remember that there were racists around before Brexit, and there will be after. The numbers of racists haven't altered as the result of a referendum.

That some of them may think they are more free to express their racist views could be a by-product of it, and if so, needs to be stamped out.

Part of stamping it out is an acknowledgement that not many people are racist - no matter what side of the Brexit they're on. If both sides accept this, then it shows the racists up for what they truly are - an tiny minority of morons.

I know many people, myself included, who voted for Brexit. Not a single one of them holds any racist views whatsoever. But there are certain elements of the Remain camp that do believe everyone who voted Brexit is either racist or stupid. This fuels the problem as much as those idiots who think it is OK to express their racist views.

Racists will always be around, and it's people's duty not to listen to them or accept their prejudice.

Not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist, however all racists voted for Brexit. Seems a fair way of summing it up.

Another passive aggressive post where the writer didn't have the balls to stop and say it tho their face.

Not everyone who voted for Brexit is racist, however all racists voted for Brexit. Seems a fair way of summing it up.

It is not possible to prove that either way but what is beyond doubt is that ALL racist political organisations in the UK urged their supporters to vote Leave.

Another passive aggressive post where the writer didn't have the balls to stop and say it tho their face.

Who, the OP?

You expect them to jump out of a taxi in order to confront a racist moron?

I've been told by a friend that works inside the police force that the man in question here has been arrested and charged with a hate crime.

More than likely he'll receive a suspended sentence. I'll keep you updated with anything else I hear.