Zing vaa - are they still open?

Does anybody remember the Golden Dragon on the Moor in the 60s. The manager used to come around and light your fags if he saw a group getting them out. He looked like a Chinese George Formby lol

Does anybody remember the Golden Dragon on the Moor in the 60s.

Wasn't it on Matilda Street, just off the Moor?

Please explain this to us. Why does having a lot of Chinese students in there mean that it is a good recommendation?

If I go to an English restaurant and there are lots of English students in there, is that also a good recommendation?

The same rule applies to all restaurants.

Historically foreign food mass produced for the locals is not authentic in ingredients, flavour or style. Some of these dishes become "famous" eg Chop Suey, Spaghetti Bolognese, Chilli con Carne, Pizza, Balti, etc. for not being eaten in their native countries.

People travel more and more prefer original dishes in their original style. If a restaurant is popular with its own nationals it is a good sign that this is the case. They are hopefully their own severest critics.

There are a few British restaurants which advertise exclusively British dishes but as your typical British students rarely eats British food I don't think they are a good barometer.

As has been observed by many, British restaurants offer the best range of international influenced food in the World.

If a zero for hygeine isn't enough to put you off a restaurant, then nothing will!

Personally, I'd value my health a little more highly and avoid it like the plague. Which is actually something you may end up with if you eat in such places!

Does anybody remember the Golden Dragon on the Moor in the 60s. The manager used to come around and light your fags if he saw a group getting them out. He looked like a Chinese George Formby lol

That would be Mr Woo but he's a window cleaner now.:hihi:

Wasn't it on Matilda Street, just off the Moor?

Yes it was on a side street off the moor, couldn't remember which one, so I generalised lol

Yes it was on a side street off the moor, couldn't remember which one, so I generalised lol

The Wong Ting operates out of these premises now

I'd always been impressed by the quality of the food at Zinf Vaa. Where will I go for my crispy lamb starter now?