Rebels put on hold.

Sad to hear that Mad Dog as i hadn't made it there yet (just a bad couple of months). But i'm sure the next venture will be cool, putting all your thoughts into consideration. I look forward to it, we all need a bit of variety. I miss Batfink too. I like Corp, but only go on a monthly basis so that i don't get too bored with the same old same old. Even having somewhere different to go once a month/every couple of weeks would be good.

Good luck :D

Sad to hear that Mad Dog as i hadn't made it there yet (just a bad couple of months). But i'm sure the next venture will be cool, putting all your thoughts into consideration. I look forward to it, we all need a bit of variety. I miss Batfink too. I like Corp, but only go on a monthly basis so that i don't get too bored with the same old same old. Even having somewhere different to go once a month/every couple of weeks would be good.

Good luck :D

Cheers Pauline - as Mad Dog says, we are aiming at bringing back Rebels at a new venue in a couple of months and there's a free Batfink at Bar Phoenix on September 14th! :)

Jozafeen, do you know how I can contact the owner?

I've pm'd the owner. He may tell me to do one but you don't get anything without asking

Okay, I now have a contact for the manager. Now I don't want to do this myself as I've never put a night on before. However, I'm not daft (well, not all the time) but am willing to work damn hard to put this venue back on the map. Is there anybody out there who would be willing to get on board and give Sheffield a night of PROPER HOUSE MUSIC without the cliques and pretension that seem to go with the scene at the moment?

Okay, I now have a contact for the manager. Now I don't want to do this myself as I've never put a night on before. However, I'm not daft (well, not all the time) but am willing to work damn hard to put this venue back on the map. Is there anybody out there who would be willing to get on board and give Sheffield a night of PROPER HOUSE MUSIC without the cliques and pretension that seem to go with the scene at the moment?

Perhaps starting a thread of your own might be a start - this one is about Rebels as a rock club being put on hold after all ;)

Good luck with it anyhow!

Kepp us posted, can't be doing with no Rebels.

The 1st night was ace and I have just had to tell my mate from down south that he can't go to Rebs when he comes back up on the 28th.. :(

Yes I would like it back as well I really cant be doing with a night down the Corp if I want to stay out late it really does my head in.

What do you have in mind?

In my opinion Sheffield needs a party. Nothing too fancy just a place where like minded people can go and hear good house music that will make them dance and smile. I wouldn't even go so far as to tie it down to a specific genre of house. Dance music is disappearing up its own backside, it's time to put the party back.

I feel we're singing off the same sheet!

So ideally we get the people in, lock the doors, crank up the records and play them some music? Whatever we think works?