The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

You want to start adding up who lied about what on the run up to the referendum?

Besides, there was one of sorts, rather than cutting further, and George did like cutting stuff, Hammond went for quantitive easing instead when the pound fell through the floor.

I agree, both sides lied. This thread is titled 'the consequences of brexi' , since it's the budget on Monday, I'm highlighting one of the lies peddaled by the chancellor and PM.

There's a big tendency for people.to want to 'win' an argument. Most people in the country voted by balancing pros and cons, not by being fixated on one set of opinions.

Loob, I'm not reply+quoting your bitter rant, but you need to get a grip of yourself. So much venom in there. Not a conversatoon I want to be involved in. Your figureheads of Osborne and Cameron will fight the corner for you, I'm sure.

Edited by woodview

Most people in the country voted by balancing pros and cons, not by being fixated on one set of opinions.

hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

no they didnt, they voted out of blind devotion to lies thats been peddled by mr farage etc for decades, theres barely any pros mentioned even now, and they blindly ignore any cons that get mentioned as "project fear"

hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

no they didnt, they voted out of blind devotion to lies thats been peddled by mr farage etc for decades, theres barely any pros mentioned even now, and they blindly ignore any cons that get mentioned as "project fear"

By the same token Remain voters did so by blind devotion to Cameron. I can't buy into anybodies divisve nasty 'us and them' mentalities. Luckily most people in real life don't take your outlook.

Loob, I'm not reply+quoting your bitter rant, but you need to get a grip of yourself. So much venom in there. Not a conversatoon I want to be involved in. Your figureheads of Osborne and Cameron will fight the corner for you, I'm sure.
I’m not surprised, after debunking your ‘no emergency budget’ argument.

Feel free to put me on ignore, btw. Less risk to your cognitive bias :thumbsup:

(I don’t have any ‘figureheads’ btw: I’ve left the U.K., nothing left there, washed my hands clean off it; so now you’re just “the competition”, no different to US or CN or <...> wherein the worse you get in competitive terms, the better for us ;)).

Edited by L00b

Whether it washes with you or not, polls of leave voters' reasons for voting that way rank as follows.

1. Immigration. 41%

2. Sovereignty. 30%

3. Money paid to the EU. 15%

(Good to here you are recovering well!)

Depends on how you define Immigration then as I the vast majority of imigrants to the UK have not been black or brown.

I’m not surprised, after debunking your ‘no emergency budget’ argument.

Feel free to put me on ignore, btw. Less risk to your cognitive bias :thumbsup:

Sorry, I forgot everybody with the 'wrong' opinion has cognitive bias, whereas you carefully weigh up all information from all sources and come to the correct informed decision. Have a nice day.

Depends on how you define Immigration then as I the vast majority of imigrants to the UK have not been black or brown.

No it doesn't. You can't redefine immigration to mean "only non white immigrants"...

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 12:22 ----------

Reasons are interesting, I agree; but it's the vote's outcome that counts.

Let it be implemented. There's no solution to at least some of the electorate being disgruntled by the deal that's reached.

Why let it be implemented?

The terms have changed, the leave campaign broke the law and everyone knows that more of the electorate wish to stay than leave now!

By the same token Remain voters did so by blind devotion to Cameron. I can't buy into anybodies divisve nasty 'us and them' mentalities. Luckily most people in real life don't take your outlook.

no it doesnt, all youve just done is reverse history, most remainers i know, have seen, look at the pros and cons, trouble is theres not many pros get mentioned, theres NEVER been a plan by brextremists, all the cons that get mentioned which "could" happen get shouted down as project fear.

There's a real delicious irony that voters from the Brexit heartland areas like Stoke, Lincolnshire, the North East and South Yorkshire are the VERY people who will suffer the most as a result of their vote, as EU subsidies dry up and as increasing number of companies put UK investment on hold.

Bugger them, frankly. I have my exit strategy and dont need to worry about jobs etc. Those ill-informed Brexiters are going to get exactly what they voted for, and much more besides.

Certainly not true though is it, very many non conservative voters voted remain... Clearly they weren't going to be overly fond of Cameron.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 12:34 ----------

Most people in the country voted by balancing pros and cons, not by being fixated on one set of opinions.

Given that the pro's and con's weren't really understood, but now are much more obvious, it's just support for having a second vote.

Sorry, I forgot everybody with the 'wrong' opinion has cognitive bias, whereas you carefully weigh up all information from all sources and come to the correct informed decision. Have a nice day.
Clearly not, per relatively recent exchanges in this thread, and I have a vague recollection that it might even have been with you.

For the rest of it, feel free to engage the debate and try to sway me with your own analysis (you haven’t so far).

Same to you, btw.

it's only BS if we don't need one (a brexit budget)

how are we going to keep paying farmers?

Why should we pay farmers anything? The greatest proportion of the money given out actually goes to the already very rich landowners.

how are we going to keep funding science and industrial research?

The same way as we used to.

how are we going to keep funding regional develpment?

See above.

The problem is we provide funds to the EU, they then take a proportion of that for administration and then we may get some back from what is left. Just like any large organisation the EU costs a great deal to run and maintain. It may sound trivial that only 6.3% is for administration with 3% for wages but from a budget of €160 billion in 2018 that works out at over €6.5 billion.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 13:05 ----------

No it doesn't. You can't redefine immigration to mean "only non white immigrants"

I agree that why the reply was to this when TopCat stated in post 4673

"As has been said many, many times on this thread, those who voted for Brexit to reduce the number of black and brown faces they see have almost certainly made sure that the opposite will happen!"

Immigration is not just about Black or Brown faces either.