The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Is he leaving 'because of Brexit' or because he doesn't have to pay any income tax in Monaco?

It's yet another brexiteer who doesn't want to live here... don't you find that strange?

Do you understand that the EU of which we are currently part has an extensive set of trade deals?

And when we leave we will no longer be part of those deals?

That's what we're throwing away. With no replacements, and no negotiating power to create new deals.

Let's pick up the deals part later. My post has been shifted away from Osbornes emergency budget that he told us we WOULD have straight after a Brexit referendum result. Are we now acknowledging that was a BS comment? Or are we getting the tax rises and health cuts in Mondays budget?

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 10:55 ----------

It's yet another brexiteer who doesn't want to live here... don't you find that strange?

No, I don't he's a rich tax dodger. Is his move linked to Brexit, or is it tax related.

Otherwise, we might as well put someones Brexit views in every news story i.e brexit supporting murderer joe Bloggs jailed. Remain supporter Cathy Smith given bravery award for saving little kittens.

It's borderline fake news. Interesting he's going, but it isn't a brexit story.

Are we now acknowledging that was a BS comment?

no. we're going to lose a lot of trade, and taxes.

Or are we getting the tax rises and health cuts in Mondays budget?

i doubt it, this can has been kicked down the road, by a government incapable of anything other than can-kicking. it's what they do, they've done it, they'll carry on doing it. There is no problem so big, so urgent, that this government will do something about it.

can - kick.

can - kick.

repeat.

blame it on jeremy corbyn.

no. we're going to lose a lot of trade, and taxes.

i doubt it, this can has been kicked down the road, by a government incapable of anything other than can-kicking. it's what they do, they've done it, they'll carry on doing it. There is no problem so big, so urgent, that this government will do something about it.

can - kick.

can - kick.

repeat.

blame it on jeremy corbyn.

The emergency budget that Osborne said WOULD happen, didn't and hasn't. In my mind that makes it a BS statement. You can spin it how you like, but it simply wasn't true.

it's only BS if we don't need one (a brexit budget)

how are we going to keep paying farmers?

how are we going to keep funding science and industrial research?

how are we going to keep funding regional develpment?

... etc.

etc.

these are massive financial questions/problems(/opportunities?)

we should probably address them with some kind of financial review, the 'budget' seems ideal imho.

tell you what we shouldn't do, completely ignore them, for more than 2 years*. that sounds like a terrible idea.

(*along with every other difficult decision that's begging for a response)

Edited by ads36

Interesting he's going, but it isn't a brexit story.

Ardent brexiteer leaves Britain just before Brexit...seems like he doesn't have much confidence in our brave new world to come...still he's not the first and he won't be the last...

Ardent brexiteer leaves Britain just before Brexit...seems like he doesn't have much confidence in our brave new world to come...still he's not the first and he won't be the last...
I enjoyed today’s news about Dyson new electric car plant in Singapore (not -on-Thames) :twisted:

EDIT: speaking of emergency budgets that didn’t happen, here’s a handy refresher.

Edited by L00b

Aka rich tax dodger moves to a tax haven.

Monaco isn't a full eu member anyway, plus whatever happens post brexit in the uk won't affect his personal finances will it? Its a twisted story. There's better stories than this, hang on to it if you think it's convincing in any way.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 11:34 ----------

I enjoyed today’s news about Dyson new electric car plant in Singapore (not -on-Thames) :twisted:

EDIT: speaking of emergency budgets that didn’t happen, here’s a handy refresher.

Why did you enjoy the dyson story so much?

Im not a conservative, so I'm not surprised by other things they do. It doesn't alter Osbornes campaign lie about the emergency budget.

Monaco isn't a full eu member anyway, plus whatever happens post brexit in the uk won't affect his personal finances will it? Its a twisted story. There's better stories than this, hang on to it if you think it's convincing in any way.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 11:34 ----------

Im not a conservative, so I'm not surprised by other things they do. It doesn't alter Osbornes campaign lie about the emergency budget.

You want to start adding up who lied about what on the run up to the referendum?

Besides, there was one of sorts, rather than cutting further, and George did like cutting stuff, Hammond went for quantitive easing instead when the pound fell through the floor.

Monaco has more ties with the EU than we will have with a more than likely "no deal" exit... "I'm alright Jack" springs to mind...

Schadenfreude I guess.

Dyson was strongly in favour of brexit, claiming it would benefit the UK. But hypocritically he's moving his manufacturing out of the UK, so we don't benefit from it.

Because he’s a Brexit figurehead doing PR for the ‘sunlit uplands’, who’s been happy trousering EU CAP payments (and pushing for GB/DEFRA replacement subsidies post-2019) but, like JRM, Redwood and all the other Brexit figureheads, doesn’t give two figs about helping a Brexited UK actually get there through domestic investments and job creation.

He was hinting at locating that plant in the U.K. only last week. Today’s bit of PR mentions ‘supply chains’, ‘market access’ and ‘local talent’ as the reasons for selecting SG: ie everything which Brexit was supposed to be about for the U.K.

You’ve been had. You’re pretty much too late to do anything about it. And you still don’t see it: that’s the enjoyable bit. Because the worse it gets, the greater the eventual awakening and the deeper the reforms. You need them.

Any advances on Hammond’s Brexit-dedicated £60bn not amounting to an ‘emergency budget’?

Or does it have to be called an ‘emergency budget’ for you to connect the dots?

Edited by L00b