The Workhouse-Now I Am On Fire
Bell Jar-Beauty Was The Beast EP
Bell Jar-Cut EP
16-10-2018, 23:29   #8283
Ontarian1981

Total Posts: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcheeks View Post
Hi Ontarian1981, The band's name is first, title second, they are all albums. The first title goes back to 1987!
They would be classed as power pop, alternative, shoegaze bands from the US and Australia. I don't care about bands that are mainstream and loved by the masses, they don't float my boat. My collection, which numbers over 4,000 items, has few known bands apart from early R.E.M. and Pixies. I prefer digging out obscure bands who release music that I love. Guitar bands are a must, chiming, ringing sounds or when played through a myriad of effects, like sustain.
I will no doubt be listing more as I play them and once again you will have never heard of them. They may not be popular and successful but it doesn't mean the music is poor. It's a matter of taste.
When I was younger I loved progressive music and bought albums like Warhorse and The Human Beast. Obscure and valueless at the time, but look at the prices of their albums now, the latter sells for upwards of 1,000!
Thanks for the info, I too was a discerning music fan back in the early 60s (pre-Beatles) I would buy hardly anything in the charts with the exception of early Elvis. I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg and listen to obscure American stuff. Violet May, a legendary record shop owner in Sheffield always had great rare stuff too. You must remember until the Beatles arrived the only music worth listening to was from America, of course, the pendulum swung to the UK in the mid 60's, and I assume most of your favourite bands are homegrown too. Cheers, and happy listening.

Last edited by Ontarian1981; 16-10-2018 at 23:30. Reason: add a line
Reply To Topic