Stabbing at Corp night club 10/09/2018

There is no crime anymore unless you are a good person, theft and animal cruelty is rejocied by the police, as through video evidence.

Are you asking me if I want more stop and search ?

I would definitely be in favour of much more of that sort of thing (including any 'profiling' considered appropriate by the police). Cue lots of harrumphing from the Bleeding Hearts/"Thought Police" though.

The police probably spend more time now investigating name calling and abuse because society has decided that there is so much 'hate' crime.

The scum who racially abuse people on line are just as much criminals as those who walk around the streets with knives.

It is the same sense of entitlement that whatever they think comes first and everyone else can go to hell!

The scum who racially abuse people on line are just as much criminals as those who walk around the streets with knives.

It is the same sense of entitlement that whatever they think comes first and everyone else can go to hell!

Who mentioned racial abuse :huh:

Hate crime covers a wide variety of abuse, but the reality is, some people are so melodramatic these days the issues get skewed and they are reporting the slightest bit of offence taken, people even look to be offended. As for comparing calling people names to stabbing people, you need to get a grip, I have had both and I can tell you what's worse. Try getting out from behind that keyboard and experiencing some real life eh :roll:

Who mentioned racial abuse :huh:

Hate crime covers a wide variety of abuse, but the reality is, some people are so melodramatic these days the issues get skewed and they are reporting the slightest bit of offence taken, people even look to be offended. As for comparing calling people names to stabbing people, you need to get a grip, I have had both and I can tell you what's worse. Try getting out from behind that keyboard and experiencing some real life eh :roll:

Spoken like a true right wing bigot.

Being murdered is worse than having both legs broken. By your logic we shouldn't bother with investigating the latter as it's not as bad!

Hate crime is as much a crime as anything else...people that say otherwise usuallu have some 'dubious' views about certain things.....and usually make themselves the judge of what other people should and shouldn't be offended by..

Edited by paula4sheff

Being murdered is worse than having both legs broken. By your logic we shouldn't bother with investigating the latter as it's not as bad!

Hate crime is as much a crime as anything else...people that say otherwise usuallu have some 'dubious' views about certain things.....and usually make themselves the judge of what other people should and shouldn't be offended by..

Right wing bigot … really, less of the abuse please, you don't know me any more than I know you, your hypocrisy has just shot you down as it seems your the one here intolerant of other peoples views.

I know what people report as hate crime, I have family members in the police force, I can assure you some report the most minor and trivial things now and that's the point I'm making, there is a difference between abuse and being offended but hey :roll:

It's a discussion forum Paula, we don't have to agree, I disagree with a lot of people on here and they disagree with me, I can call out what I think are bad comparisons, like name calling to stabbing etc and by the leftist standards some hold on here I am right wing, but I'm certainly not a bigot !

Edited by Michael_W

Where do you draw the line ? One persons "hate crime" ,is another persons " speaking their mind" .

You don't have to worry about where to draw the line. The law does it for you.

You may think that the law prohibiting racially abusing someone on line undermines your right to free speech but in 2018, society strongly disagrees with you.

As I said earlier, whether someone thinks that they have a right to carry a knife with the intention of harming someone or they have the right to abuse someone on line they are both motivated by hate and disrespect for others in society.

They are both part of the same problem.

You don't have to worry about where to draw the line. The law does it for you.

You may think that the law prohibiting racially abusing someone on line undermines your right to free speech but in 2018, society strongly disagrees with you.

As I said earlier, whether someone thinks that they have a right to carry a knife with the intention of harming someone or they have the right to abuse someone on line they are both motivated by hate and disrespect for others in society.

They are both part of the same problem.

The law is fluid on these things at the moment, more and more people want more and more things to be classed as hate crime, genuine hate and I am against it as much as anyone else but simply being offended sometimes is blurring the lines IMHO …. the internet has changed how we communicate and react to each other, but we are losing the plot with some of it, you only have to look on here !

Guest makapaka

Calling someone you don't know a bigot online isn't exactly reinforcing your argument mind.

The law is fluid on these things at the moment,

No it isn't.

The law is very clear as are the CPS charging guidelines on hate crimes.

Calling someone you don't know a bigot online isn't exactly reinforcing your argument mind.

I'd say telling people hate crimes aren't real problems, that people shouldn't be offended by them, are wrong for doing so, and that people should 'get into the real world' is fairly bigoted behaviour really.

Telling people what they should and should not be offended by is usually the domain of right wing bigots.

I have no idea if the poster is...but his post certainly was. I'm glad the law treats hate crime seriously and wouldn't dare to presume to tell someone on the receiving it that they are wrong for being impacted by it.

Guest makapaka
I'd say telling people hate crimes aren't real problems, that people shouldn't be offended by them, are wrong for doing so, and that people should 'get into the real world' is fairly bigoted behaviour really.

Telling people what they should and should not be offended by is usually the domain of right wing bigots.

I have no idea if the poster is...but his post certainly was. I'm glad the law treats hate crime seriously and wouldn't dare to presume to tell someone on the receiving it that they are wrong for being impacted by it.

The defintion of a bigot is someone who is intolerant to those holding different opinions.

Therefore calling someone a "right-wing" bigot on a forum because you presumably disagree with right-wing views doesn't do a lot of good in demonstrating that this wrong.

Arguably it's reinforcing it.