Weekend or evening photography class

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could recommend an adult photography class? I've just come by a digital SLR camera and after going out to take some photos around Sheffield, realise that haven't got the foggiest how to use it!

Thanks,

Sheffwise

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could recommend an adult photography class? I've just come by a digital SLR camera and after going out to take some photos around Sheffield, realise that haven't got the foggiest how to use it!

Thanks,

Sheffwise

When you say adult do you mean "glamour" :hihi:

You wont find any local groups that are worth mentioning, best bet is to just keep taking pics and trying different settings, the beauty of not having to mess with film is you can hammer away at it without it costing you anything.

Jessops do some cheap one to one sessions that are a good way of getting to grips with the basics of your DSLR and the staff who do the walkabout lessons are pretty knowledgable.

There are a few groups Sheffield photographic society ,Westfield photography group I think that is the correct names.If you are struggling iwould pop in to Harrison cameras and ask them what to do or where to go.

There are a few groups Sheffield photographic society ,Westfield photography group I think that is the correct names.If you are struggling iwould pop in to Harrison cameras and ask them what to do or where to go.

Harrisons sometimes do courses but expect to pay about £90 plus for an hour.

there are also some good forums about that can help and give some good advice. I find talkphotography very useful for example.

We may not be the best, but we are FREE , helpful and socialable and meet the fourth wednesday of the month at Harrisons Bar off West St. why not take a look at our website I Just Wanna Tek Gud Photo,s and give us a try. Just click on the site to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tekgudphotos/

there are also some good forums about that can help and give some good advice. I find talkphotography very useful for example.

Talkphotography is the king of forums, some very helpful people on there.

We may not be the best, but we are FREE , helpful and socialable and meet the fourth wednesday of the month at Harrisons Bar off West St. why not take a look at our website I Just Wanna Tek Gud Photo,s and give us a try.

I thought IJWTGP died a death many moons ago, last time I looked there had not been a post made in months, the website that is, might nip on to the facebook page and have a nosey.

Only the Facebook site now, keeps it simpler.

Only the Facebook site now, keeps it simpler.

Thats a shame, at its peak the forum was pretty good, mind you facebook is just so much easier a format to use.

Thats a shame, at its peak the forum was pretty good, mind you facebook is just so much easier a format to use.

Now you know where we are why not join in, you,ll be made welcome.