Recommend a stretch mark cream!

I'm 29wk pregnant and only have a relatively small bump (compared to other i know.) Today i've noticed a couple of very tiny white stretch marks on my sides. I've been using palmers cocoa butter (the pregnancy stretch mark one) since I was about 10wks pregnant in hope that I wouldn't develop any!

I was wondering if anyone can recommend anything that will either stop these current tiny ones getting any worse. I've heard bio oil is supposed to be good but then again i've also heard that realisticaly no matter what you use if you're going to get stretch marks you're going to get them regardless!

I suppose one of the blessings of my small boobs not getting any bigger during pregnancy (i was hoping i'd have boobs for the first time eva! NO SUCH LUCK!) is that they've not got any marks on them!

Pure vitamin E oil is meant to be good I think. I used to use it on some scars I had. It was quite expensive I think. I got it from Holland and Barratt. But I don't think there is too much you can do. On my due date I had no stretch marks at all, two weeks later when my son was born I had around a hundred all running from my belly button down. They were very deep purple and very noticable. They have faded now with time and they are whiteish and not that noticeable. Hopefully you won't get too many more and if you do it's not the end of the world. You'll forget about them when your baby is born :)

Bio-Oil - worked a treat for me. Thought I was a definite cert for stretch marks as my mum got them and thought it might be hereditary but I used Bio-Oil religiously and I didn't get one blemish! Good luck. You can get it from Holland and Barrat and Boots. x

Bio - oil is a great preventative as long as you use it regularly. Its also great for the dry skin I had towards the end with my first that was sooo itchy.

You could also try cocoa butter :)

Vitamin E cream from the Body Shop. Used it in last 2 pregnancies and no stretch marks. Would definitely use it again. Very good for dry skin too because it's really rich, but not greasy.

That sounds good - that was the downside of bio-oil - it could get a bit messy and not really much good if you're in a rush because you have to let it soak in.

I bought ostrich oil when my partner was pregnant with twins. It was after the birth so I never saw the benefits but the person I bought it from swore by it. I would imagine any moisturiser should provide some benefits?

I alternated between bio oil and good olive oil, i only got very small stretch marks which are not at all noticable. Also make sure you apply morning and night and anytime during day you think about it!

Palmer's stretch cream plus a drop of hiprose oil(you can find it cheap on the Internet).I have always had stretch marks since I grew fast as a child. I was very thin before pregnancy and put on over two stones but didn't get any stretch marks.it really works!

I really didn't believe that stretch mark creams made any difference - apparently the causes are hereditary, weight gain and age (the older you are, the less likely they are), in that order....

... but I still hedged my bets and slapped on the cream as my skin is prone to stretch marks. I used mama mio belly butter in the morning and the oil at night, and I didn't get any. I don't know if it was the cream or just luck, but if I get pregnant again, I'll probably use them again. They are expensive, but they last quite a while, especially the oil.

Good luck with the pregnancy x

i used the cocoa butter but it just made me itch terribly and then moved on to the bio oil which i applied at least 3 times a day...yet didnt seem to do a thing at all as i ended up covered in stretchmarks!they do fade in time and you dont tend to notice them anymore...and if you do then just think you may have stretchmarks,but you also have a beautiful child and it all seems worth while:)

When I was pregnant I developed really bad stretch marks on the front of my stomach. They were red and burned so I tried a few different creams. After two weeks of using other stretch mark creams they still itched and were bright red. I heard about dermalmd stretch mark serum from a blog and bought some that day. I used it for two days and the red marks dulled and stop itching. It was a lifesaver. I would recommend dermalmd to anyone pregnant.