Getting married abroad

Looking for some up to date advice on getting married abroad.

Any experiences or recommendations?

Thank you!!

It depend the country thqt you will mary on. You need to comply with the local laws, as well as UK's so the wedding is valid here.

The answer is not sImple

In my experience they can be a bit hit and miss, even in four and five star hotels. We used to go to the Caribbean a lot on holiday and have seen good and bad weddings. The best ones are suited to the location eg don't try and get married on the beach in a hot climate witha big dress and high shoes.

We have also seen weddings ruined by torrential rain, floods and hurricanes even though it wasn't the season for them, not even start or finish of hurricane season.

We have seen some really nice lower key weddings where just the bride and groom have gone and also ones that have taken their family and friends. Some destinations need to be on holiday at least a week before you can marry there.

Check lots of on line reviews and trip advisor to obtain a balanced view on feedback.

Look no further than Spain! Convenient, Cost, Climate.....ticks the boxes.

Depends where you want to get married.. We just recently booked ours. Id say don't book with a tour operator! There are much better deals out there with independent companies. Give me a message if you need any help.

I agree with others that it depends what country you're looking to marry in. The hotel weddings I looked at seemed like you didn't get a lot for your money and they were a bit impersonal. I am looking to get married in Paphos, Cyprus in 2020. We've found a great company (http://www.paphosweddingsmadeeasy) and have picked a beautiful taverna for our ceremony and reception. Cyprus weddings are also legal back in the UK.

Hi,

I don't know in which country you want to make your wedding but I know a Spanish website : perfectvenue.es that offer a wide range of venue in all Spain including the islands.

May be you'll find something that will suit what you want !:)

My sister-in-law was married in Thailand (one side of the family still live there). It worked very well, most of the family from the UK went for a fortnight and made it a holiday, the hotels were very nice, we all had a great time, the ceremony itself was pleasant, probably more important to the relatives that came from all over Thailand though than those of us who were spending a fortnight together there.