HELP!! Woodlane Countryside Centre Barn

Went and looked round the other day, off the top of my head the lady said they currently only have 10 alcohol licenses for the year, which obviously go quickly, but they are currently in the process of applying to become fully licensed, meaning that you'd be able to hire a bar in regardless. You hire in everything, they have caterers they recommend if you ask them, and can provide square tables and chairs if you want the in house ones, but they'll take them away if you want to use your own.

Price has gone up quite sharply for 2013 though!

Edited by emmaaa
bit more info

I have been to a ruby wedding there and it was great got a cater in and had the yew tree pub at the bottom of stannington to do the bar and they have their own license. If you need a wedding cake I have a portfolio if you would like to have a look and I live just up the road from here so can deliver no problem

We've booked to have our wedding there, definitely look around they're so helpful and will be able to answer all your questions. Prices have gone up but if you're looking for somewhere with flexibility it's ideal. Re- the bar. I believe they'll be fully liscenced from 2013, or if you hire a cash bar they can sort the licence for you. Or, you could encourage your guests to bring their own and have whatever they fancy!

husband is a real ale freak ...........:confused:

verily thou doft meaneth thy husband be a "connoisseur" of fine ale, doeth thou not fair maiden?

"freak" be but a chance occurence, tis not? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

anything feedback since pre posts i do love this setting , but feels like i need to do so much more eg bar and catering where prev looking at staindrop lodge where things like that were "easy" . regarding tables chairs do they provide? covers etc . any idea on prices too? if we choose here list of to do is much bigger then other one lol

anything feedback since pre posts i do love this setting , but feels like i need to do so much more eg bar and catering where prev looking at staindrop lodge where things like that were "easy" . regarding tables chairs do they provide? covers etc . any idea on prices too? if we choose here list of to do is much bigger then other one lol

You know, this is just my personal view, but if you love the setting that much, isn't a little extra work to get all the other pieces worth it? For me it would be, but I appreciate not for everyone.

It's one of the biggest days of your life, so I'd go all out, and if I'd found a venue I loved, I'd make it work. Would a wedding planner help maybe?

i totally agree, if i had the money. low budget at the moment so looking further in 2013 or even 2014... its between two - this one and one in ireland as im from there and always had my heart set on somewher are yougetting , are you married - i hope you find somewhere y.ou love peak edge hotel is quite lovely too simply down to money.

with regard the workload iv only ever known venues to cater never gone about or seen a DIY total do in a venue for a wedding branching all the way to bar and caterers tables and chairs , just a few steps more which if i choose it i will not hesitate in taking those steps

Hi, recently engaged and this venue is in my top 3, however viewings are quite restrictive and I am struggling to get there to see it!

Has anyone had recent experiences here, 2014-2015?

What is supplied in the price paid for the hire of the venue?

How many guests comfortably fit etc!

Any help much appreciated- pretty clueless bride to be!

Hi, recently engaged and this venue is in my top 3, however viewings are quite restrictive and I am struggling to get there to see it!

Has anyone had recent experiences here, 2014-2015?

What is supplied in the price paid for the hire of the venue?

How many guests comfortably fit etc!

Any help much appreciated- pretty clueless bride to be!

If you mean Wood Lane the info about number of guests is on their website.

http://www.woodlanecc.org.uk/WebProducts.aspx?CATID=ROO

Hi All,

currently the caretaker at Woodlane if you reqiure any info pleae do ask.

Daz