X Factor Winner In "I'm Gay" Shocker!

Hardly! As merry as the day is long, it was obvious from the first time he appeared on the show that young Mr McElderry 'batted for the home side'.

http://celebrity.aol.co.uk/2010/07/31/joe-mcelderry-comes-out-as-gay/

Being gay hasn't hindered many other singers' careers has it? Some of the best music has been made by such folk.

What gets me is that McElderry has finally come out while the Fat Untalented One who is rejoining Take That stays well and truly in the closet!

It would have been more of a suprise if he had come out as straight.

it wasn't exactly 'shocking news' lol but good for him for 'coming out' anyway!

Good on him, it wasn't a shocker really but I think it's good that he has come out. He is still fairly young it must be hard to do that in the public eye!

i say good on him (Y)

shame for all the young girls that actually thought he was straight and had their dream of wanting to be with him lol. But oh well, they'll move on to another young one that soon becomes famous....

hmmm, he just realised 3 weeks ago apparently!! i always thought it was something you knew from a very young age!!

Hardly! As merry as the day is long, it was obvious from the first time he appeared on the show that young Mr McElderry 'batted for the home side'.

Unless he had sex with another man on stage, it couldn't have been. You cannot tell sexuality just from behaviour.

The little confession wont hurt his album sales, will it?

Did Will Young no harm

The little confession wont hurt his album sales, will it?

Did Will Young no harm

Probably not. We've come a long way since Johnny Mathis was wiped out of the music history books for the heinous crime of being a homosexual.

Unless he had sex with another man on stage, it couldn't have been. You cannot tell sexuality just from behaviour.

so, So, SO so wrong!

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

so, So, SO so wrong!

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

But there's no such thing as "looks like a gay man." Most gay men look and act the same as straight men, and most "camp, effeminate" men are not gay.

I doubt it makes any difference if he is gay, straight, pink, blue, etc as long as his music is good it'll sell.