Did you know anyone who was in "When Saturday Comes"

Sorry for nicking the thread heading off the full monty thread but im sure many people know peopl out of this film.

I used to go to school with Sean Beans Brother in the Film (Richard Flower).

Carl Williams is doing a few tricks as Sean Bean comes home from work (another school friend)

And one of my old primary schools was used (Anns Groves).

There were also many oher familiar faces in it who i can't remember the names of but a lot of them either went to Handsworth Grange, Anns Grove and Gleadless Valley Schools.

This may bring a few memories back for people....

Yeah a mate from school is in the big bath when all the players are celebrating, a lot of them in that scene were players from Hallam FC ,IIRC.

Yeah a mate from school is in the big bath when all the players are celebrating, a lot of them in that scene were players from Hallam FC ,IIRC.

At one point Sean bean is running up backmoor road up towards where Gleadless Valley School used to be, used to walk up there when i was a kid and watching the film back nothing atall has changed.

Apart from our school getting knocked down which was crap.

Yes, in the final scenes where the "dead" brother "comes back into the stadium" and takes his seat, a friend of mine is sitting in one of the seats just by where the brother is passing, and is plain to see on the screen! :D

yes my friend was the bus driver

I was (as a young teenager) on the kop, behind the net when he finally scored that penalty. took a while tho :)