What was your favourite public information film

Mine was called "Lonely Water" and told children about the dangers of playing on trees near water.....on the bottom of the lake there was an old Ford Anglia and some shopping trollies - remember it?

Don't remember that one but I do remember Charlie says... :D

This one, about escalators.

I used to be petrified that when I got to the end I was going to get mangled up!:suspect:

Mine was called "Lonely Water" and told children about the dangers of playing on trees near water.....on the bottom of the lake there was an old Ford Anglia and some shopping trollies - remember it?

I remember that one - very creepy.

There was also one about blind spots on the road, based around the idea that if the Martians came and wanted to steal soem specimens they'd make their traps around blind corners, over hum back bridges, etc.

And....the one about parallel parking - the day that Reginald Molehusband got it right!

I can't get the video to run, but is that the one with the song that goes something like 'There's a mad, mad axeman who is steeped in sin outside the front door!'

I remember that one - very creepy.

There was also one about blind spots on the road, based around the idea that if the Martians came and wanted to steal soem specimens they'd make their traps around blind corners, over hum back bridges, etc.

And....the one about parallel parking - the day that Reginald Molehusband got it right!

I can't get the video to run, but is that the one with the song that goes something like 'There's a mad, mad axeman who is steeped in sin outside the front door!'

Lol well done for remembering the words! To the tune of Green door!

I doubt they could show Lonely Water these days without prior reference stating: This short film contains scenes of a scary nature. I still find it puts the willies up me 35 years on!!

My other favourite is an old Keep Britain Tidy PIB which showed a street completely covered in litter and devoid of any human life, the only animation being a set of traffic lights. Incredibly, the street scene resembled Hillsborough Corner and I think the background music was something like Jerusalem.

It was on around the same time as the Lonely Water PIB, early-to-mid 1970s.

I doubt they could show Lonely Water these days without prior reference stating: This short film contains scenes of a scary nature. I still find it puts the willies up me 35 years on!!

My other favourite is an old Keep Britain Tidy PIB which showed a street completely covered in litter and devoid of any human life, the only animation being a set of traffic lights. Incredibly, the street scene resembled Hillsborough Corner and I think the background music was something like Jerusalem.

It was on around the same time as the Lonely Water PIB, early-to-mid 1970s.

You mean this one:

Hillsborough's not that bad!