Barcelona- van ploughs into crowd

These vehicle attacks are just going to get more frequent, now they've been invented they can't be un-invented.

It's such a simple method of attack and available to anyone.

---------- Post added 17-08-2017 at 18:15 ----------

When you see the distance the van travelled down Las Ramblas, it's obvious the death toll is going to be high. It's a pedestrianised street that is always full of tourists.

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2017/8/17/5bccab9e-bb60-4128-9987-a23bb71a314d.jpg

Was there violence from both sides ?

We demand answers.

The BBC have just revealed that the death toll is now being put at 13.

I no longer know how to even comment on these attacks. How can one continue to be shocked but no longer be surprised?

My thoughts go out to everybody affected by this atrocity, and I hope that the police find a way to get to all involved in planning this attack.

Was there violence from both sides ?

We demand answers.

Was it done by a terrorist, or a nutter?

both, surely you have to be a nutter to want to be a terrorist? :suspect:

My daughter and her friends are on holiday there . She has been in touch to say they are safe but really shook up and upset . I am watching Sky news and feel helpless . I will be glad when it's Sunday and she is back home :)

This is something we are now going to have to live with. How many barriers can we put up to try and stop this, and make places safer are do we have to stay away from the big cities?

Once more I suspect that this person who carried out this attack will be known to the authorities, time will tell.

My Thoughts are with the victims.

---------- Post added 17-08-2017 at 20:01 ----------

It was done by a terrorist and a nutter.

Cue more handwringing followed by inaction.

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put anti ram bollards at set distances on populous pedestrianised areas.

Cue more handwringing followed by inaction.

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to put anti ram bollards at set distances on populous pedestrianised areas.

This is something they will have to look at. They have already started to do this in Newcastle city centre.

This is something they will have to look at. They have already started to do this in Newcastle city centre.

Was in Benidorm in May and happened to say to my missus how easy it would be to drive into people ,like what's been said it's impossible to block every road what's crowded,my thoughts to the people there.

Sick beyond words. I totally agree with Medusa when she says How can one continue to be shocked but no longer be surprised? I almost feel ashamed that my emotions are starting to get dulled to things like this its starting to happen so frequently.