SCC moving to Darlington?

Well, no, but SCC is now routeing all incoming invoices (= from suppliers that they have to pay) not to the City Treasurer but- instead- to Capita's Darlington office!

I've just received an official letter telling me so. Isn't it an odd world where that makes sense?

Provided that capita don't make mix ups, these economies of scale in systems should make savings...in theory.

Provided that capita don't make mix ups, these economies of scale in systems should make savings...in theory.

Well, let's hope they're more efficient at processing invoices than they are at calculating housing benefit.

And will these savings be passed onto SCC? Or simply improve Capita margins?

I recently had a letter from the Sheffield Council Service with a return address in Nottingham!

Well, no, but SCC is now routeing all incoming invoices (= from suppliers that they have to pay) not to the City Treasurer but- instead- to Capita's Darlington office!

I've just received an official letter telling me so. Isn't it an odd world where that makes sense?

Could be worse, Kensington and Wandsworrh council send them to Thailand..

And will these savings be passed onto SCC? Or simply improve Capita margins?

You would hope a competent council wouldn't sign a contract to increase their costs, but then....that information is probably 'commercially sensitive' all of a sudden.

Isn't some housing department admin done in Manchester

Isn't some housing department admin done in Manchester

It was Manchester, It's now Nottingham.