Trees being chopped right now on Crawford Road!

Thanks for the warning Amey!

Just turned up on mass. Loads if them. Banging on doors "Move your car, we're chopping the trees down"

No letter telling us that this had been decided. The last we knew it was at "consultation" after residents were asked to complete a "survey" of our views after they had already condemned all the trees. That was months ago, then, on the day of the General Election, Amey came round put notices on the trees. What happened to the consultation??? What happened to giving us any information??

Good old Amey and council, customer service at it's best!!

Thanks for the warning Amey!

Just turned up on mass. Loads if them. Banging on doors "Move your car, we're chopping the trees down"

No letter telling us that this had been decided. The last we knew it was at "consultation" after residents were asked to complete a "survey" of our views after they had already condemned all the trees. That was months ago, then, on the day of the General Election, Amey came round put notices on the trees. What happened to the consultation??? What happened to giving us any information??

Good old Amey and council, customer service at it's best!!

I wouldn't move my car. I'd tell them to ballacks!

Why do they bother spending cash on a consultation when they know they are going to ignore the residents anyway. Just wasting council tax payers money, or is to be seen going through the motions?

What reason for cutting down the trees is citied on the statement of intention ?

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 10:56 ----------

I wouldn't move my car. I'd tell them to ballacks!

They will get it towed away and the owner will have to foot the bill for recovery.

Yellow notices need to be erected on the street at least 5 days before work commences. I am aware that it would be illegal to tow your vehicle otherwise.

Only two people on our street responded to the survey. We did not get the survey and are aware that very few other people received one. The only tree on our street is at the bottom of our path. I have joined STAG (Sheffield Trees Action Groups) and I am conducting a vigorous campaign to save this and other trees. If you want to save your trees, there is lots of help to be had on their facebook site. SCC and Amey seem to be conducting lightning strikes to catch people unawares by closing roads on the pretext of works to the carriageway and swooping in to chop down the trees. They are 'hard felling' (lopping off large branches quickly) so that by the time protesters get there, the tree is beyond saving.

Most trees being felled are perfectly healthy. Engineering solutions could be applied to many kerbs and pavements to save the trees but SCC and Amey will not fund them because they do not want to spend the PFI money (£2.1bn). They are felling healthy trees to save having to maintain them in the future which costs money which you are contributing via your council tax.

Strangely, there is precious little on this forum about what is currently a very emotive subject. I trust this issue is not being censored?

If your love your trees, get involved now!

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 11:24 ----------

What reason for cutting down the trees is cited on the statement of intention ?

The notices are non specific and give a list of possibles.

Edited by muckymurphy
spelling

This is SCC not giving a toss about residents yet again.

PLEASE STOP VOTING IN THE SAME PEOPLE TO THE COUNCIL!

Edited by Berberis

Labour Council doing its best to get re-elected, pretending to listen, with no intention of doing anything other than what they want to do. Hope the good folks of Sheffield remember this when the council elections come around.

What reason for cutting down the trees is citied on the statement of intention ?

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 10:56 ----------

They will get it towed away and the owner will have to foot the bill for recovery.

You can get the money back. I did (though it took around 3 months, so not exactly convenient) when mine was towed without adequate notice being given of parking restrictions.

OK right. Can someone from Amey or SCC please come on here and answer this?

Why on Crawford Road did two Amey employees come and lay new tarmac around the base of several of the trees that line the road? Yes, the same trees that are now being chopped down right now just several days after putting tarmac at the base around them!

A resident told the two tarmac layers at the time that the trees were being removed and pointed to the notice on each tree. The tarmac layer just said "Oh we don't know anything about the trees coming down, I think the tree stuff is all under consultation, we're just carry out orders to fill in holes where they have been marked with the yellow paint." Then they just carried on with the job.

So I assume that the worker who previously marked the holes and cracks with the paint, & the 2 tarmac layers, were completely unaware that the trees were due to be removed and the tarmac laying was a complete waste of time and money!

Could someone from Amey or SCC please explain why this work was carried out, as it appears it was totally unnecessary? If it was done for some good reason unknown to me then fine. I look forward to your response and detailed explanation.

You can get the money back. I did (though it took around 3 months, so not exactly convenient) when mine was towed without adequate notice being given of parking restrictions.

Would you have the right to any damages caused by the illegal towing of your vehicle? Seems that unless people start hitting the council in the pocket they will do as they please. Case and point being the non road marked tram gate.

Join the stag facebook group if you are against the tree cull.

---------- Post added 11-07-2017 at 12:39 ----------

Stand underneath the trees, they can't force you to move and have to stop work.

Would you have the right to any damages caused by the illegal towing of your vehicle? Seems that unless people start hitting the council in the pocket they will do as they please. Case and point being the non road marked tram gate.

When I picked the car up the tow company seemed to be run by a reasonable man who was sympathetic. He even gave me advice on how to get the money back from SCC because he agreed they should not have ever requested the tow! So I suspect if the car was damaged and you inspected it on site, the company might be ok about it and fix it. But it could be in their contract that SCC and/or Amey has to sort any damage. I'm sure they would go out of there way to deny everything and make it as hard as they can to get any recompense. To get the tow fee back took effort. Initially they did nothing in response to my appeal and it took a letter drafted by legal experts on a relevant forum dedicated to PCN issues to get movement on a refund.